• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Annoying Lift Line Behavior

ScottySkis

People who smoke.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
On the chairlift it shouldn't bother you smoke just goes behind smoker, in gondola I understand, not on a lift line but I'm not a fan of chair spinning and people jump up and down a lot to make chairs go up and down.

skiNEwhere

On the chairlift it shouldn't bother you smoke just goes behind smoker, in gondola I understand, not on a lift line but I'm not a fan of chair spinning and people jump up and down a lot to make chairs go up and down.

During the 1.5 years I did smoke, before I quit, I would smoke on a chairlift only if I was the only one on it, and put the butts in my pocket until I could throw them out. Needed a butane lighter though, almost impossible to light with a normal lighter, especially on a HSQ lol

steamboat1

During the 1.5 years I did smoke, before I quit, I would smoke on a chairlift only if I was the only one on it, and put the butts in my pocket until I could throw them out. Needed a butane lighter though, almost impossible to light with a normal lighter, especially on a HSQ lol
Book matches are the best for lighting up on a chair. Yes I smoke on the lift sometimes but ask the others on the lift if it's OK first. I've never had anyone say it wasn't.

Big Game

By far, the worst thing is poor traffic control. Good management makes long lift line non-stressful non-event.

Poor management makes every action of others in line vastly more annoying. Peoples faces start to look annoying. What they wear is stupid. Especially if they are copying me.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
No dissipates into the air , I can answer this question.
It might not bother you, but it doesn't just "dissipate into the air". I find being on a lift behind a smoker to be extremely obnoxious and it definitely makes my lift ride uncomfortable.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
What about the people behind you?

The chairlift brings them right through your cloud. As a smoker, you're probably not that sensitive to the smell of it, but nonsmokers are. And asthmatics.

ScottySkis

What about the people behind you?

The chairlift brings them right through your cloud. As a smoker, you're probably not that sensitive to the smell of it, but nonsmokers are. And asthmatics.

I not a smoker any more when I was like 18 to 25 I was, I don't smoke any more, I have smoked other then tobacco stuff on chair lift at my home, but usually others are also smoking that stuff to and usually no one on a chair behind me.

ScottySkis

I smoked on a chair today.:wink:

Were did you go today, how was the conditions? Lots of people who smoke herbal stuff do it on slow chairs, we just pretty good at concealing it from public view, you be surprised at amount of people who enjoy it.

Cornhead

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2]

Were did you go today, how was the conditions? Lots of people who smoke herbal stuff do it on slow chairs, we just pretty good at concealing it from public view, you be surprised at amount of people who enjoy it.

I skied Windham today. Greek Peak decided not to open this weekend. I used my Warren Miller voucher, my last two for Windham went unused, probably because I went to Platty instead. It was pretty firm but I saw no actual ice till later in the day. I didn't count my laps, but I skied from 10:30 to 2 nonstop, so probably 12-15. It kicked my ass pretty good, might be sore tomorrow. It was pretty crowded till noon, then it cleared for lunch and never got busy again after. There were alot of groups out earlier, I don't know if they were lessons or race teams. The weather was great. The sun came out shortly after I arrived, and it didn't cloud up till 1:30 or so.

Blizzard of Wahhs

How do you like those? Oh yeah, you don't actually own them or ski on them, just grabbed the pic from some website.

voile tractors mr butts. I own them on account of their low cost and good grip. Need to shave em a bit to fit my split better though.

you're right that I don't ski on them. Skiing on skins is a little weird.. not sure that many people leave them on for downhill.

ScottySkis

I skied Windham today. Greek Peak decided not to open this weekend. I used my Warren Miller voucher, my last two for Windham went unused, probably because I went to Platty instead. It was pretty firm but I saw no actual ice till later in the day. I didn't count my laps, but I skied from 10:30 to 2 nonstop, so probably 12-15. It kicked my ass pretty good, might be sore tomorrow. It was pretty crowded till noon, then it cleared for lunch and never got busy again after. There were alot of groups out earlier, I don't know if they were lessons or race teams. The weather was great. The sun came out shortly after I arrived, and it didn't cloud up till 1:30 or so.

I'm glad you had a nice day I was thinking of going to Bell but changed my mind. End of thread hijack.:)

Smellytele

Give me a freakin break.

As normal a smoker who thinks they are the only one in the world and they have the right to not care about anyone else. Hey I am all for do what ever you want but only if it doesn't affect anyone else.

As far as smoking dope don't kid yourself that no one else knows you are doing it on a lift. Even my kids know. It doesn't bother me but we know. :) I rather smell that than cig smoke.

snoseek

I smoke my weed in the woods usually. Its much more peaceful and no worries. Exception is if there's 5 or more empty chairs behind me, then I could care less. I see people all the time right outside of the lodge at heavenly rolling/smoking big spliffs, kids everywhere. Not really sure where they're coming from, why its so important to be able to fire up in plain view.

MadMadWorld

I hadn't smoked in years but when a couple guys offered it up on a long gondola ride in BC, I couldn't refuse. I had been hearing my whole life how good the stuff was so I wasn't about to pass it up. It's amazing how much it helps calm the nerves when your standing at the top of a couloir or a steep rocky chute!