• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Another 09/10 Winter Forecast

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
If this warm spell lasts much longer, you might start having to climb trees to keep busy raking. I imagine you are getting pretty close to done by now!
I ran out of bags this weekend - count is up to 229. There are definitely a lot more leaves this year - last year was 200#. I probably have about 20 more bags to go, but it's the crappy stuff, wet and moldy, stuck under the shrubs and trees. Next weekend.
I had enough leaves, went hiking today. No huntin' on Sundays in Mass.(well not everyone got the memo!) Damn am I out of shape! I could not believe how WET the woods are (Berkshires). The drainage path were running full tilt and there was water pouring off the cliffs. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE SNOW!!! :uzi:

4aprice

I ran out of bags this weekend - count is up to 229. There are definitely a lot more leaves this year - last year was 200#. I probably have about 20 more bags to go, but it's the crappy stuff, wet and moldy, stuck under the shrubs and trees. Next weekend.
I had enough leaves, went hiking today. No huntin' on Sundays in Mass.(well not everyone got the memo!) Damn am I out of shape! I could not believe how WET the woods are (Berkshires). The drainage path were running full tilt and there was water pouring off the cliffs. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE SNOW!!! :uzi:

Bill I don't understand. Back in October after my trip to Boston we discussed the fact that the I-90 corridor seemed to be a week to 2 weeks ahead of the I-80 corridor here in North Jersey. Now I see your still at the leaves. We lost all out leaves about 2 1/2 weeks ago (which to me seemed early) and I've been able to clear them while you sound like you still have some to go up in Mass.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

wa-loaf

Bill I don't understand. Back in October after my trip to Boston we discussed the fact that the I-90 corridor seemed to be a week to 2 weeks ahead of the I-80 corridor here in North Jersey. Now I see your still at the leaves. We lost all out leaves about 2 1/2 weeks ago (which to me seemed early) and I've been able to clear them while you sound like you still have some to go up in Mass.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

I think Bills neighbors are taking advantage of his head injury and blowing their leaves into his yard while he's at work. :razz:

bigbog

Winter Weather Advisory....there's nothing more wonderful than those three words...8) ..But again, just another 10deg lower and conditions would be a lot nicer, oh well.... At least tomorrow should be a good time to get up any of the friggin leaves blown in from others' yahds eh' Bill:evil:.

Last edited:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I do love those words, but there is one phrase I like to see from the NWS even better: HEAVY SNOW WARNING

And this definition gets the anticipation churning moreso:

Winter storm warning -- A significant winter storm or hazardous winter weather is occurring, imminent, or likely, and is a threat to life and property.

:spread:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Just cause they're down doesn't mean they're up! :-?