• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Any body know anything about Hunter???

danimals

Imagine how clean our country would be if cops actually enforced littering laws, resulting in less people feeling like it’s okay to just toss their trash out.

I saw a cop sitting on the side of the road yesterday drop a Wawa bag of trash out of his window onto the ground. Then flicked a lit cig into some nice dry grass. This was right next to a oil tank farm.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

it is up but not accurate. It has the north/oasis lift open, but no trails on the west or north side open. Upper K was not open, the terrain parks all were, as was the race trail. report says otherwise

I just left there an hour ago. Not bad, but the rain tonight and tomorrow could destroy it...
Thanks for the update. Disappointing they would get it back up in an inaccurate state.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Imagine how clean our country would be if cops actually enforced littering laws, resulting in less people feeling like it’s okay to just toss their trash out.

I saw a cop sitting on the side of the road yesterday drop a Wawa bag of trash out of his window onto the ground. Then flicked a lit cig into some nice dry grass. This was right next to a oil tank farm.
I hope Officer Obie refrains from arresting any more people for littering at least as long as there is no draft.

"You can get anything you want . . . "

Cops no longer seeing themselves as being above the law would certainly be a positive development.

Funky_Catskills

PD was there this year. They had 2 races and several parties/dinners at macgregors.

FDNY trashed the hotel too many times and are now banned. Villa Vousila put them up for one year and now that is also over. Will be interesting.
I have friends that leave town for the FDNY weekend. :)
NYPD not so much..

cdskier

And now there is no info at all on their web page about what lifts and trails are open - when you thought their reporting could not get worse
I suspect this was a Vail snow report platform issue. Stowe's snow report, weather, and trail report status information was all coming up blank for me this morning (of course on the ONE day I actually was going to one of their resorts and wanted to see the info).

catskillman

Hunter has a sign out today saying they would be making snow Sunday and Monday....

also - Russ had a town hall zoom last night for associates update

Creakyknees

Two or more years out for this project. I did hear from a reliable source the "B" lift will be moved to Hunter One and a new high speed quad will go in the same location and go higher up the mountain. I don't know what the plans are for the "F" lift.

da-bum

Two or more years out for this project. I did hear from a reliable source the "B" lift will be moved to Hunter One and a new high speed quad will go in the same location and go higher up the mountain. I don't know what the plans are for the "F" lift.
If they plan on shutting down the F lift, they can't reuse the lift towers as it is spaced only for a triple chair. I don't see the space to run another lift next to the F lift, unless it veers off slightly and unload near where the old Z lift unloaded. Most likely the new HSQ will use the F lift's path and F would be dismantled.

RichT

N Haledon, NJ/Jewett, NY/South Seaside Park, NJ
If they plan on shutting down the F lift, they can't reuse the lift towers as it is spaced only for a triple chair. I don't see the space to run another lift next to the F lift, unless it veers off slightly and unload near where the old Z lift unloaded. Most likely the new HSQ will use the F lift's path and F would be dismantled.
There's enough uphill capacity now. What I would suggest is to open that groomer trial that goes from top of Drop-off to the belt. Then when the upper lifts are on hold you can still get to the North by way of this and "Sleep Hollow"

billyb3

What I would suggest is to open that groomer trial that goes from top of Drop-off to the belt.
I like that idea, is it all downhill?

If they do that, they might want to consider a tunnel/bridge like Killington put on Snowdon to help with a new intersection with Belt.

catskillman

Yes, B will go up higher as maybe be a 6 pack. they want to have access to Gun Hill from it. Hope to give access to more blue terrain from lift and take pressure off the 6 pack. At least 2 years out. Possibly a tunnel, otherwise the cross over mid station would be incredibly dangerout.

F will likely be condemned by the time they replace B

catskillman

There's enough uphill capacity now. What I would suggest is to open that groomer trial that goes from top of Drop-off to the belt. Then when the upper lifts are on hold you can still get to the North by way of this and "Sleep Hollow"
Groomer trail ? everyone uses that work road now to get over to the north when the 6 is on wind hold, insane lines or broken, which is often. Mgt is working on figuring out a way to make this a permanent option. Oops maybe I should not give out that secret......

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Looks from the trail report like they are basically down to Hellgate, Minya and Belt. Anyone got any intel on conditions. Wondering if it is worth the trip tomorrow.

da-bum

Looks from the trail report like they are basically down to Hellgate, Minya and Belt. Anyone got any intel on conditions. Wondering if it is worth the trip tomorrow.
Ike and Bleeker are open too.

They seem to close trails on weekdays when they don't have time to groom the trails. When I was there tuesday, many trails that seemed skiable were closed, such as Ike. While I constantly see people coming out of closed trails like Jimmy Huega. The whole North was closed too (which were open on Monday). But on the next day's report, Ike, Twlight, Overlook, upper K27 were all opened.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

I was there yesterday and there were basically 6 runs open. Here is my assessment of each

ESD/L.Crossover/Mossy - thin with bare spots. unlikely to make it to Monday

Minya/L.Crossover/Madison - thin with bare spots. unlikely to make it to Monday

Hellgate/Ike - had some rough spots but should be able to stay open

White Cloud/Bleeker - thin with bare spots. unlikely to make it to Monday

White Cloud/Drop Off - top of WC has a bare patch but other than that pretty good and should make it to Monday

Belt Parkway - pretty good, should be fine Monday

Overlook - real nice - best run they have now.

I am planning to hit Okemo Monday. They seem to be the best Epic option in region based on what they will still have open Monday

catskillman

I was there yesterday and there were basically 6 runs open. Here is my assessment of each

ESD/L.Crossover/Mossy - thin with bare spots. unlikely to make it to Monday

Minya/L.Crossover/Madison - thin with bare spots. unlikely to make it to Monday

Hellgate/Ike - had some rough spots but should be able to stay open

White Cloud/Bleeker - thin with bare spots. unlikely to make it to Monday

White Cloud/Drop Off - top of WC has a bare patch but other than that pretty good and should make it to Monday

Belt Parkway - pretty good, should be fine Monday

Overlook - real nice - best run they have now.

I am planning to hit Okemo Monday. They seem to be the best Epic option in region based on what they will still have open Monday
i was there yesterday. no crowds, except on the deck. They will most likely open Monday with the belt and hellgate. White cloud is closed today, and east & minya are open but not groomed. Doubt they ever will again, not a ton of snow and several days of rain ahead.

There was a big brawl on Hellgate yesterday around 2. Snowboarders beat the hell out of a kid, looked about 15 yr old. Supposedly he blocked the jump, He was unconsious. Heard someone say, he had the lift attendent at the top call patrol when he saw it from the lift. He skied down, and rode the lift back up and he was still out and surrounded by ski patrol. Police were called of course...Not sure of the outcome. Love that high class Vail clientele.

jimmywilson69

I mean the clientele hasn't changed at Hunter not sure why you'd blame that on Vail. Its full of NYC and Jersey's finest and always has been...

One of the reasons I've always driven right by it, even though I can ski there for free now.