• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Any body know anything about Hunter???

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Webcams sure look depressing. Gonna be spending Sat nt in a hotel in Catskills as a getaway with GF and was gonna get up early Sun and ski 830-10 while she slept in. But unless things turn around significantly I'm not even gonna bother packing skis.

Kingslug20

They're blowing...might as well go.
I've got 2 pretty days there so far..might go Fri Sat and sun....beats a day on the couch.

Kingslug20

Was going to go...but I'm off to VT.
Weekend skiing....nah....
Yesterday was ok for 3 hours

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Had East Side Drive and Upper K open today. Zero lines but guns were blowing on a bunch of the open terrain and even hitting you a bit where Flyer crosses Bleeker. Nice soft bumps on Kennedy.

Looks like the next ones they plan to get open are Eisenhower and Way Out.

RichT

N Haledon, NJ/Jewett, NY/South Seaside Park, NJ
Hunter's been doing a great job! The party and band last night at the lodge was GREAT!! Was surprised of the low turnout, but it is the last shopping weekend till Christmas. On a side note though, they took all of the garbage cans that were spread throughout the upper lodge area and replaced with a three in one out of the way area. Boy did that make a mess of cup, cans and garbage being piled up on tables/and floors. Who comes up with these stupid ideas? Those cans were in the exact same spots for 40yrs!

catskillman

what a debacle. I can't understand why they cannot get the website accurate regarding what trails and lifts are open. It is wrong daily. I won't even get into the grooming updates. They have trails marked as groomed that have no snow. It is insane.

Today, the place is a mob scene, and the east side was not open, although it has been open for quite a while and in good shape. Why? And F lift is open.

The terrain park and race trail are closed today, they also have been open daily for a while. They are blowing a ton of snow on them but they sure could have used the park open today, so kids weren't jumping off everything else and skiing backwards with the crowd that was there.

Someone clue me in to the logic....I would love to understand...

RichT

what a debacle. I can't understand why they cannot get the website accurate regarding what trails and lifts are open. It is wrong daily. I won't even get into the grooming updates. They have trails marked as groomed that have no snow. It is insane.

Today, the place is a mob scene, and the east side was not open, although it has been open for quite a while and in good shape. Why? And F lift is open.

The terrain park and race trail are closed today, they also have been open daily for a while. They are blowing a ton of snow on them but they sure could have used the park open today, so kids weren't jumping off everything else and skiing backwards with the crowd that was there.

Someone clue me in to the logic....I would love to understand...
The place is run by monkees......
monkeys GIF

catskillman

And the shock just keeps coming.
They have the summit lodge steps roped off. they were never shoveled in the past 20 years, but now if you need to rest room or to warm up you have to walk around the back which is a treacherous uneven patch of ice. And then once inside, you cannot access the top 2 floors, and the benched on the bottom floor are covered in junk. Safety hazard for sure.

Ironically, this is where ski patrol is housed. So when they have a call they have to go out over the ice to get into their equipment. Insane. I should have taked photos, so you would understand how bad it is

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

They have the summit lodge steps roped off. they were never shoveled in the past 20 years, but now if you need to rest room or to warm up you have to walk around the back which is a treacherous uneven patch of ice. And then once inside, you cannot access the top 2 floors, and the benched on the bottom floor are covered in junk. Safety hazard for sure.

Ironically, this is where ski patrol is housed. So when they have a call they have to go out over the ice to get into their equipment. Insane. I should have taked photos, so you would understand how bad it is
Are the indoor stairs roped off too?

RichT

No food or soup up there????