• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Any body know anything about Hunter???

FBGM

Saw their web cam making snow up
High. As I stared at the wet bulb all day and tried to see who and where had fired up.

I had a window tonight. And was gonna pull trigger but trended warmer. Only had like 6-8 hours of very marginal. With rain coming Sunday I said no. But we turning on Monday night Tuesday night.

RichT

N Haledon, NJ/Jewett, NY/South Seaside Park, NJ
Saw their web cam making snow up
High. As I stared at the wet bulb all day and tried to see who and where had fired up.

I had a window tonight. And was gonna pull trigger but trended warmer. Only had like 6-8 hours of very marginal. With rain coming Sunday I said no. But we turning on Monday night Tuesday night.
Yep don't waste the money...............nothing really happens now till mid December anyway. Hoping you have a very busy Christmas week!!!!!1

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Hunter was great yesterday morning. At least an inch of carveable surface on tip of firm base, light snow gave everything a pretty frosting, Empty enough that I rode solo my first two trips up the 6 pack.

Both lifts broke down at around 1130 for long enough that I called it a day but I got 6 beautiful 1460' vertical runs in before that which was a nice warm up for my legs after 7.5 months off. Feeling it in the calves slightly today indicating it was just as well I didn't go all day on day 1.

Last edited:

Both D and 6 pack were down. D never returned. 6 pack came back at 1pm. We should have Minya, White Cloud and Overlook soon.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Both D and 6 pack were down. D never returned. 6 pack came back at 1pm. We should have Minya, White Cloud and Overlook soon.
Cool - thanks for update - looks like I made the right call heading for my car at 1140 (when they dispersed line from 6 pack saying it would be a while) rather than waiting 90 minutes for a crowded Flyer. 6 runs with no lines was a great morning.

Tdizz

Hunter was great yesterday morning. At least an inch of carveable surface on tip of firm base, light snow gave everything a pretty frosting, Empty enough that I rode solo my first two trips up the 6 pack.

Both lifts broke down at around 1130 for long enough that I called it a day but I got 6 beautiful 1460' vertical runs in before that which was a nice warm up for my legs after 7.5 months off. Feeling it in the calves slightly today indicating it was just as well I didn't go all day on day 1.

Cool - thanks for update - looks like I made the right call heading for my car at 1140 (when they dispersed line from 6 pack saying it would be a while) rather than waiting 90 minutes for a crowded Flyer. 6 runs with no lines was a great morning.
We were stuck on the 6 pack for a while yesterday. Apparently, they're having problems with it again today. Anyone what's going on? I'd like to go Tuesday but don't want to drive up there just to ride D lift (if that's working).

RichT

N Haledon, NJ/Jewett, NY/South Seaside Park, NJ
Lodge/Bar situation is CRAZY!!!!! Can't go upstairs unless you show vax card. Bar has a No shots till the lift close for the day policy plus a 2 drink MAX limit with a 45 minute maximum time limit, not sure if you can leave to go ski and come back in to do the 2 drink 45 minute thing again. I did hear that they would know because of the time stamp on your "cashless" transaction. No seats, bar stools, music or TV will be allowed, Was also told that cashless is going to be permanent this along with all the new cameras, Vail will know when and where you are at all times now! Was at bar yesterday at 2 pm.............two bartenders and only two patrons were there, so sorry for the employees!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jon). Check out "Bar Charlie's at Hunter Mountain" FB page for more info! Does anyone have any intel about this being the same thru out all of the Vail properties?? I don't think Windham and Bellayre have these kind of silly rules.

jimmywilson69

I mean if drinking in expensive ski area bars is your thing I can see how this would be dissapointing. I'll ski and then drink my much better beer at my car before I leave.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I mean if drinking in expensive ski area bars is your thing I can see how this would be dissapointing. I'll ski and then drink my much better beer at my car before I leave.

I rarely drink during the ski day, but if I do, it's at the car with friends. I was never big on going to bars with friends...I'd rather have a few friends over at the house, play tunes WE like on the speaker, drink beer we like, and sit on my own couch.

I can count on one hand the number of times I've gone to a bar and had genuinely enjoyable company with strangers I didn't know...beyond small talk.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Yeah only time I have ever had a drink at a ski area bar is when going to Loon with a friend who was a local and knew half the folks in the bar. I won't generally drink in the lot either. Maybe have one at dinner or in the hotel.

ThatGuy

I rarely drink during the ski day, but if I do, it's at the car with friends. I was never big on going to bars with friends...I'd rather have a few friends over at the house, play tunes WE like on the speaker, drink beer we like, and sit on my own couch.

I can count on one hand the number of times I've gone to a bar and had genuinely enjoyable company with strangers I didn't know...beyond small talk.
Same here, music I don’t like thats so loud my ears hurt isn't my scene at all. Most of my friends love it though so to each their own.

drjeff

I guess it depends on how much of a "regular" one is at the base lodge bar that shapes one's perspective on this.

I know that the preferred base lodge bar at Mount Snow that my wife and I and SO many of our Mount Snow friends go to, is currebtly slated to re-open next weekend for the 1st time sincve March of 2020, and in talking with many over the last few weeks, we can't wait to be back there, having a few apres ski beverages and socializing with our friends. It's definitely a friends and commraderie thing for some, whereas for other's it no different than say going to some random bar when they're on a trip where they may not know anyone more than who they may have gone in there with

zyk

Tailgating... Have made great friends in parking lots... Not as creepy as it sounds😁
Best late season but I'll grill in almost any weather and the car bar is always open.

Hunter Bar is legendary and a tradition for regulars. If you've never spent a Saturday Happy Hour there don't knock. Same for base lodge bars around the world. I've spent countless fun times in bars at ski resorts around the world. Tailgating is also a fantastic way to end the day. All depends on the moment.