• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Any body know anything about Hunter???

RichT

N Haledon, NJ/Jewett, NY/South Seaside Park, NJ
I guess it depends on how much of a "regular" one is at the base lodge bar that shapes one's perspective on this.

I know that the preferred base lodge bar at Mount Snow that my wife and I and SO many of our Mount Snow friends go to, is currebtly slated to re-open next weekend for the 1st time sincve March of 2020, and in talking with many over the last few weeks, we can't wait to be back there, having a few apres ski beverages and socializing with our friends. It's definitely a friends and commraderie thing for some, whereas for other's it no different than say going to some random bar when they're on a trip where they may not know anyone more than who they may have gone in there with
Let us all know if they implement the same stupid rules that Hunter has, i'm afraid this is a Vail=Fail rule thru out all of their resorts (but hope i'm wrong).

drjeff

Let us all know if they implement the same stupid rules that Hunter has, i'm afraid this is a Vail=Fail rule thru out all of their resorts (but hope i'm wrong).
Per one of my ffiends on Saturday, the bar at Carinthia was open, with no time or drink limit restrictions. The Hunter yhing might be more of as Gov Hochul thing than a Vail thing

abc

I rarely drink during the ski day, but if I do, it's at the car with friends. I was never big on going to bars with friends...I'd rather have a few friends over at the house, play tunes WE like on the speaker, drink beer we like, and sit on my own couch.

I can count on one hand the number of times I've gone to a bar and had genuinely enjoyable company with strangers
What a revelation! I'm not the only one who doesn't care for bars!!!

For me, it's the loud music that really annoys me. So yeah, tailgating is actually better. That is, when the weather is warm enough for it.

I do enjoy meeting strangers. I look forward to full chairs the coming season.

cdskier

The Hunter yhing might be more of as Gov Hochul thing than a Vail thing
That really makes no sense. There's plenty of bars/restaurants open in NY and I've never heard of any other restrictions like this at any of them.

Funky_Catskills

Blissfully unaware of all the lodge drama. And will hit my favorite local spots after my day or just invite people back to my place for a drink or two. Maybe make a nice fire and play some music. chill.... F the lodge and all the posers...
My checklist.....
Parking spots available? check
Lifts open? check
People manning lifts? check
North Face area lot open? not yet - but soon so I can avoid the whole base lodge BS.. I can wait.

drjeff

Per friends who hit opening day today of the Station Taproom at Mount Snow (one of our base lodge bars) - no time limit, 2 drinks an hour maximum, no reservations needed, just tell the person at the host stand that you're headed up there and all good, for now atleast....

cdskier

Yep looks like ALL the Fail resorts have gone that way. We'll see how it pans out once if ever the weather gets going the right way. Pray for snow, cause the snowmaking ain't cutting it!
Eh? Effective 12/13 masks are required indoors in NY across the board. Can't blame Vail for that. The only exception is if the business has a vaccine mandate and only allows vaccinated people in, then they're not required to adhere to the new NYS mask mandate.

Kingslug20

Guns going on all open trails..which isnt much . If they dont open more its going to be sporty this weekend. Skiing really nice though..im sticking to mainline and overlook.

Kingslug20

But the skiing today was great...mainline was deep..bumped up...did a few on overlook and minya..a good day
Then i spent hours in traffic..truck jacknifed on the thruway..BIG mess.