• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Any body know anything about Hunter???

catskillman

by the way the mountain was a SS again today. Heard Vail put the incorrect blackout dates on the website for certain types of passholders, so X passholders (sinior, midweek passes whatever restricted passes) skied today as well as the regular passholders and the thousands who bought tickets.
I should have know better and not gone today, as I know this is usually the busiest weekend....Crazy long lines, all skied off by 9am, I left by 10:30, place was jammed, hundreds in the ticket line, cars parcked everywhere along the roads, on hills and the ski shops in town were packed.

Crowds dissipated after 1:30pm. Newly made snow on Upper 42 and Ike nice. Rest was pretty shiny.

PAabe

I find it interesting that MLK weekend is busier than Presdient's despite President's usually having much better conditions

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I find it interesting that MLK weekend is busier than Presdient's despite President's usually having much better conditions
Tighter ski window and universal days off with MLK. President's week is no longer a full week at many schools. And people who do get the full week usually aren't skiing the full 9 day stretch. Meanwhile every school and many offices have MLK Monday off.

catskillman

And Hunter reports nothing since Vail can't be bothered to update their Snow Report.
I checked at 9 am this morning and it showed no snowfall for the last 7 days.
There is about a foot out there.

The lift and trail status map is never updated either. Now it has mad box closed, but it has been open for weeks. It has drop off as a terrain park, which it hasen't been in years, and if they ever open it this year it is doubtful it will be a terrain park as they can't get the park ave one open.

There are NO events on the event schedule, yet there was a master's race last week, and there is the police ordeal this week for 2 days.

I get that it is updated in CO, but someone needs to tell them current and accurate information. Maybe Russ can do this or assign someone else since he no longer has the responsibility to put down the rubber matts any longer.

The north side parking lot has not been plowed yet, you really shuld plow a lot when you get 12 inches of snow.............

SnowRock

Would say about a solid foot… plus whatever fell in the AM of high QPF cream cheese. Was on one of the first 10 chairs or so. Fun first couple runs. Then turned into some real thick and chopped up mashed with the traffic on the hill.

Left by 11 and the lot and traffic scene was an enormous schit show. Carnage with dolts stuck everywhere, cars parking everywhere… solid 3/4 of a mile to mile line of growing traffic on 23A

Jersey Skier

I checked at 9 am this morning and it showed no snowfall for the last 7 days.
There is about a foot out there.

The lift and trail status map is never updated either. Now it has mad box closed, but it has been open for weeks. It has drop off as a terrain park, which it hasen't been in years, and if they ever open it this year it is doubtful it will be a terrain park as they can't get the park ave one open.

There are NO events on the event schedule, yet there was a master's race last week, and there is the police ordeal this week for 2 days.

I get that it is updated in CO, but someone needs to tell them current and accurate information. Maybe Russ can do this or assign someone else since he no longer has the responsibility to put down the rubber matts any longer.

The north side parking lot has not been plowed yet, you really shuld plow a lot when you get 12 inches of snow.............
This pretty much sums up how much Vail cares about Hunter. No care for the skiers. I guess a powder day has no effect on share price, so it's not on their radar.

da-bum

do not believe Sunview is open to the public any longer. Purchased by a religious group.

try the Hunter Mountain Resort Motel, the one Vail is suing for trademark infringement. It is past the mountain on 23A. Or the old Roseberry's just opened again afer being redone. Called the Americina or something similiar.
I now mostly stay near Windham since they seem to have a larger variety of places that doesn't just cater to the ski and sleep crowd (gotta please the Missus, we kind of compromised in the middle, I came from packing a motel room or sleeping in a van, she came from ski-in/ski-out/spa world).

catskillman

conditions were good today, late morning line at 6 pack was long, but they had D open. The East Coast Police Games were there so that took a lot off and sent them all to B for the race.

The worst place on the mountain by far was the parking lot. A total sheet of ice, because they never plowed. Everyone was sliding and I saw one guy go down and land on his skis. Said he was okay, but I find it hard to believe he is not feeling it now.

They had some poor elderly man chopping sections of 4" ice by the ambulance enterance. I commented that this is what happens when the do not plow....he said they tried to at some point but could not keep up with it...

Oh _ getting off the 6 there were "2" mgt skier guys moving an orange cone and placing a rock on it as you unload. 2 mgt people to do this....

What a mess.....

catskillman

and today.. snow was good , not crowded, f open D closed, overlook horrendes as usual.

Worst place again was the parking lot. They had a front loader on the lower lot, but up top covered with ice. Thankfully it warmed up a bit and some melted so it was better to walk out, but with negative temps tonight tomorrow morning will be worse than ever.

mgt guy was emptying out the trash can at the 9 pack. on his knees seperating out the recycleable's . Who gets the nickles???

every day gets crazier....can't make this stuff up.

Oh - there was a 2 day East Coast police race yesterday and today. The mountain wound not feed them inside, however, for some reason the US Chef's can eat in. Over 100 cops were packed into macgregors for dinner for 2 nights and opening cermony on tuesday.