• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Any body know anything about Hunter???

raisingarizona

These people have the ability to get what they want (they vote in blocks), will slowly take over town boards. I know we used to live in Rockland NY.
People with power and money don't generally like more affordable housing. They'd prefer to keep that riff raft out of their sight.

KustyTheKlown

These people have the ability to get what they want (they vote in blocks), will slowly take over town boards. I know we used to live in Rockland NY.

oh boy do i sure fucking loathe hasids. the only religious group in the world i have utter unmitigated disdain for. and i'm a (secular) jewish person!

the worst neighbors on earth. the worst people on earth.

i quite often go back to/share this article about how they overpowered the public schools in ramapo and totally gutted them and fucked every non-hasid in the district - https://nymag.com/news/features/east-ramapo-hasidim-2013-4/

horrible fucking people. smell like shit on the subway too in 90 degree weather with their woolen overcoats and tuna fish beards.

catskillman

Hate to say it, but watch Tannersville fall.............these people work the system very well. I lived in Airmont NY, was great 20 yrs later it's a slum! Cockroaches they are.
it has been falling. Village of Hunter also. Buying up everything. Saw several in Windham last week also...

catskillman

I would bet if Fail tried, there would be lawsuits from the Hasids claiming anti-antisemitism! That's part of their playbook.
I would bet if Fail tried, there would be lawsuits from the Hasids claiming anti-antisemitism! That's part of their playbook.
in a response to how much they would contribute to a grant they applied for the one said he was going to sell the Greene Mountain Inn, which is where 30 foreign workers stayed last season. Hopefully Vail is all over that.

The Villa Vousilla, Greene Mountain Inn, and the dispensary project were all eliminated for multiple reasons from the DRI. Final decision on projects will be made July 7th by the Tannersville committee, then it goes to the state....

NYDB

The Hasidim must have a summer camp around Bromley in SoVt. They will easily ruin your day there at the summer park if there are enough of them. Rude, inconsiderate and clueless. Coupled with the college kids who staff the place unwillingness to provide any pushback to their generally deplorable behavior, it makes for a not so fun experience.

i Can’t imagine any other group acting the way they do and getting away with it.

danimals

The Hasidim must have a summer camp around Bromley in SoVt. They will easily ruin your day there at the summer park if there are enough of them. Rude, inconsiderate and clueless. Coupled with the college kids who staff the place unwillingness to provide any pushback to their generally deplorable behavior, it makes for a not so fun experience.

i Can’t imagine any other group acting the way they do and getting away with it.
Pennsylvanians at the jersey shore.

deadheadskier

Staff member
17 years ago, I ran catering operations at what is now the Hilton on the Burlington waterfront. We hosted a Hasidic wedding one time, which was reported to be the largest ever in the state. Roughly 400 guests. They insisted a Rabbi kosherize all of the kitchen equipment before our chefs prepared the meal. They ended up destroying $50k worth of equipment and insisted it wasn't their fault and the hotel had to make their own insurance claim.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
17 years ago, I ran catering operations at what is now the Hilton on the Burlington waterfront. We hosted a Hasidic wedding one time, which was reported to be the largest ever in the state. Roughly 400 guests. They insisted a Rabbi kosherize all of the kitchen equipment before our chefs prepared the meal. They ended up destroying $50k worth of equipment and insisted it wasn't their fault and the hotel had to make their own insurance claim.

First chef I worked under for banquets/weddings would do/sell anything to get a gig. Including taking a wedding 5 hours away from our kitchen resulting in a 21 hour day for the staff (good times getting back to the kitchen seeing the sunrise). Including agreeing that the kitchen crew would help move tables/chairs from ceremony to reception, thus delaying the dinner bc he didn't want to pay for more servers to move the stuff. Including agreeing to cater a breakfast which we had never done before or since in 12 years of business. We'd do entire weddings that were vegan, vegetarian, gluten free- whatever... we'd "improvise". But no Kosher. That was the line he drew lol. Did not want to deal with any of that.

catskillman

went up over the weekend. The furniture hs all been removed from the cafeteria and bar area and is blocked off. Thought they may be replacing the carpet, but no. Nothing is new except some bamboo arch by the ziplining area. Snow guns are still up in the tubing park. they dug up something, but no work has been done grading it out for parking.

Russ's car was in his parking spot........ugh..........

The pool area outdoor bar area has been cleaned up at the hotel. Place was empty though...actually the whole area was deserted. The trolley is running. Saw it about 10 times over the weekend. Noone was in it except the driver at any time, which is sad.....

catskillman

not a joke actually. There are many many that ski in similar garments. Specifically the girls that have to wear a skirt

went up over the weekend. The furniture hs all been removed from the cafeteria and bar area and is blocked off. Thought they may be replacing the carpet, but no. Nothing is new except some bamboo arch by the ziplining area. Snow guns are still up in the tubing park. they dug up something, but no work has been done grading it out for parking.

Russ's car was in his parking spot........ugh..........

The pool area outdoor bar area has been cleaned up at the hotel. Place was empty though...actually the whole area was deserted. The trolley is running. Saw it about 10 times over the weekend. Noone was in it except the driver at any time, which is sad.....
Supposedly they changed their minds about ripping all the tubing out.

KustyTheKlown

i forget what its called. holiday mountain maybe? near monticello. you can see the top of a lift from route 17. hasidics ski there and its a sight.