• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Beijing Olympics 08/08/08

deadheadskier

Staff member
So Phelps is also on drugs?

Sorry, maybe its just the dreamer in me but I don't think he's on anything. He's too young, inexperienced, and not jaded to seem to be going for the drugs just yet. Maybe it does have to do with the fact that he is built like no other sprinter.

I haven't ruled that out. I guess with Phelps, I look at him a bit different because he's been dominant from the very beginning. Bolt had lost to the American 9 times in 14 races over the years in the 200 and then he becomes the man in the past six months and wins a race by the greatest margin in 108 years.

I'm not saying that it isn't out of the realm of possibility that Phelps is juiced. Bolt draws my suspicion because of just how much he has improved in such a short period of time. I hope it's not the case and we are truly witnessing the best sprinter to ever walk the Earth. I love dominance in sports like that; very special thing to watch.

cbcbd

I haven't ruled that out. I guess with Phelps, I look at him a bit different because he's been dominant from the very beginning. Bolt had lost to the American 9 times in 14 races over the years in the 200 and then he becomes the man in the past six months and wins a race by the greatest margin in 108 years.

I'm not saying that it isn't out of the realm of possibility that Phelps is juiced. Bolt draws my suspicion because of just how much he has improved in such a short period of time. I hope it's not the case and we are truly witnessing the best sprinter to ever walk the Earth. I love dominance in sports like that; very special thing to watch.
Those are good points, especially looking at his past performances, which I wasn't aware of.

I guess I too like seeing a dominance in sports, it is almost like taking a glimpse into the future of the sport. You almost feel priviledged to have witnessed it.

So I guess just like at first I believed that Landis pulled that crazy comeback, I'll believe in Phelps and Bolt until evidence shows otherwise :)

cbcbd

And finally...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/olympics/gymnastics/7575929.stm

Although since the process is:
"China is being asked to hand over extra documents to confirm that five gymnasts were old enough to compete."

If they could forge her passport (if that would be considered forging, since they are the issuers of passports), what would make them not "forge" other legal documents. I mean, they are the government afterall and have the means to produce an official document?

Its just not going to be conclusive.

drjeff

And finally...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/olympics/gymnastics/7575929.stm

Although since the process is:
"China is being asked to hand over extra documents to confirm that five gymnasts were old enough to compete."

If they could forge her passport (if that would be considered forging, since they are the issuers of passports), what would make them not "forge" other legal documents. I mean, they are the government afterall and have the means to produce an official document?

Its just not going to be conclusive.

I think all that really needs to be done is have the *cough* 16 year old *cough* gymnasts in question stand side by side the the actual 15 year old chinese girl that won the 10 meter womens platform diving competition(15 year old are legal for olympic diving comps), and then you tell me who's older :rolleyes:

15 Y.O Chen Ruolin 10M diving gold medalist
65443916.jpg

*cough* 16 year old *cough*He Kexin
340x.jpg

Moe Ghoul

I dunno, they all look like kids to me, but for a country that has a policy of favoring males and tossing females in the dumpster, nothing would surprise me.

Meanwhile, I'm watching some oddball gymnastics/dance/ballet/twirling thingys like dueling clubs or a pink ribbon on a stick. There's a whole lotta olympic events that are less than "olympic", imo, like team sports. But they gotta generate money and interest.

ctenidae

I watched part of teh women's 20K walk last night. Bizarre. People's body's shouldn't move that way, particulalry for 20 kilometers. Weird sport, with lots and lots of very specific rules.

drjeff

I watched part of teh women's 20K walk last night. Bizarre. People's body's shouldn't move that way, particulalry for 20 kilometers. Weird sport, with lots and lots of very specific rules.

Exactly! I saw the same event and my hips hurt just watching the "psycho butt wiggle" move that constitutes race walking. Great stuff at the end where they kept trying to show the woman from Belarus attempting to make herself puke with the old fingers down the thraot trick :puke: in the last few Km's of the race because of reported "stomach issues" :puke:

dmc

That was odd... For sure...

Boring ass sport.. Nothin really happens.. And all the hot girls are like .... your right... it's bizarre...

the "talent" has been good for these Olympics... ;)

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I think all that really needs to be done is have the *cough* 16 year old *cough* gymnasts in question stand side by side the the actual 15 year old chinese girl that won the 10 meter womens platform diving competition(15 year old are legal for olympic diving comps), and then you tell me who's older :rolleyes:

15 Y.O Chen Ruolin 10M diving gold medalist
65443916.jpg

*cough* 16 year old *cough*He Kexin
340x.jpg

I don't know about all of that, but I still want to do Nastia Luikin. And her mom. MILF/DILF.

drjeff

Nice signals!

I thought that the 5th photo was particularly telling as to how diificult all those grains of sand can make signalling your teammate difficult. I needed to look at that one for a good couple of minutes before I noticed where the signals were ;)

Rushski

Let's hear it for the US Volleyball teams. Definitely the world's superpower in the soprt.

Mens and womens beach Golds.
Mens indoor Gold.
Womens indoor Silver.

Not too bad...

This years Olympics exceeded my expectations. I usually don't watch much of the Summer Games..but everybody from at Work to AlpineZone to my Family and to the Bar had Olympic Fever..