• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Can my skis be fixed?

JimG.

Staff member
Good one! Is that the tail or tip of the ski? Either way, if it's turned up enough you might be able to epoxy the edge back into place and then drill a small hole and screw it down. Or maybe just cut it off?

manhattanskier

Website
www.patriotbrass.org
Good one! Is that the tail or tip of the ski? Either way, if it's turned up enough you might be able to epoxy the edge back into place and then drill a small hole and screw it down. Or maybe just cut it off?

It is the tail, should I just bring it into a ski repair place? Thanks so much, I love these skis!

Sent from my XT907 using AlpineZone mobile app

Savemeasammy

I would contact a few different repair shops and share this pic with them. Find out how they would repair it, and how much it would cost. You might find that certain shops are better equipped to make this repair than others... Does the manufacturer of your skis have authorized repair shops? Are they still under warranty?

MadMadWorld

Well I'm sure it can be fixed but to what extent. It may be a bit of an eye sore but it shouldn't make it any less skiable.

manhattanskier

Website
www.patriotbrass.org
I would contact a few different repair shops and share this pic with them. Find out how they would repair it, and how much it would cost. You might find that certain shops are better equipped to make this repair than others... Does the manufacturer of your skis have authorized repair shops? Are they still under warranty?

They are Rossi S3's I got at a used ski sale. Great ski's!

Sent from my XT907 using AlpineZone mobile app

Puck it

Get yourself some of this epoxy. that is easy to fix.

product_epoxy.jpg

snowmonster

It's a delam. Definitely fixable. If you're handy with tools, epoxy, sandpaper, a knife and C-clamps can get the work done. Consult tognar.com for instructions. If you really like these skis and don't trust your ski repair skills, take it to a shop that you trust. SkiMD in Framingham does good work.

I doubt that these are still under warranty since they're second hand and more than a year old so recourse to Rossi is probably out of the question.

mishka

it's fixable.
Epoxy you need called G-flex.
As for do-it-yourself you have a lot of contamination. Rust have to be cleaned. Inside also have to be cleaned and prepped. TRG have many discussions how to do it. If you need new small piece I can give you one (as longer they same size I got).

btw edges hardened steel and can break easily if you're trying to bend them couple times

dlague

My did this to his skis and we used epoxy and three rivets and he skied a whole season on them!