• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dinner thread...What's cooking...

o3jeff

do they know you by name?

do you get the same thing every Monday? (i'm too lazy to re-read this thread to figure that out)
No, not yet.

I usually get some variation of a chicken burrito(I don't care for their steak) with different fixings. Their soda machine has about 100 different flavor combinations!

deadheadskier

Staff member
I hear moe's is great. We don't have them up here. We have a moe's Italian sandwich shop chain though that's fair at best.

deadheadskier

Staff member
made Giadia de la boobies homemade lemon marscapone gnocchi. not good. confirmed the reason I watch her show is not her food

deadheadskier

Staff member
short ribs just went into the slow cooker.

will be making homemad short rib raviolis tonight. Sauc will be made from reducing the braising liquid and adding a bit of sour cream.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Bacon pizza. After doing so well on my diet M - T, I blew it out in NH on Fri, Sat, and tonight. Pizza, beer, nachos, blah. I feel like a brick house.

WoodCore

The other half of the Sausage Calzone I started on last night.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Homemade Spinach Fettuccine, chicken, mushrooms and alfredo sauce.

Anyone have a Kitchenaide Stand Mixer and the pasta attachments? Real game changer in our house. Soooooo much better than pasta out of a box.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I've wondered about that. I've got a Kitchenaid mixer, but no attachments for it.

I had a salmon burger (x2). Really trying hard here to improve my eating habits, I don't want to have to ear my fat ski pants :lol:

deadheadskier

Staff member
We've just got the pasta roller and cutting attachments for now. I will eventually get the meat grinder and sausage stuffer attachment. I've put a lifetime Veto on the Ice Cream attachment.

Wife is into making breads big time. I don't think we've bought bread in a store in the 3 months since we bought the Mixer. We don't eat a lot of pasta (I too don't want to have to wear my fat ski pants. ;) ), but when we do, I make it fresh pretty much every time. I like making big batches of Raviolis and freezing them. I have about 2 pounds of left over Smoked Brisket from the weekend. I'll probably dice it up and freeze it for use as Ravioli filling in the future. Thinking of blending the Brisket with Ricotta, Blue Cheese and a touch of Horseradish to stuff Raviolis this weekend. Quick boil, then pan fry em with a bit of Shallot and Sage Brown Butter.