• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dinner thread...What's cooking...

deadheadskier

Staff member
Recently picked up a Kitchenaide Stand Mixer with some attachments. Used the pasta roller and cutter tonight.

Homemade Whole Wheat Pasta, Homemade Meatballs, Homemade Marinara

don't think I'll be buying dry pasta again

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Oh yeah, and Captain and Diet's along with chicken casserole. Again. (I made a shitload of it)

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Geoff

I dredged out one of mom's old 1960's recipes and freestyled on it some:

Yellowtail sole rollups. The stuffing is corn muffin, bacon, sherry, and lobster meat with a little tarragon. The sauce is sherry, a lobster reduction, cream, and lobster meat thickened a little flour/butter roux.

Caprese salad (tomato picked today, mozzarella, fresh basil, balsimic, olive oil)

Corn on the cob that was picked today

Dessert is homemade strawberry shortcake

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Nice, I just had homemade strawberry shortcake yesterday. My first day ever attempting the shortcakes themselves, they were very easy and quite delicious. Came across a deal of 4 lb. of strawberries for $7 at Stop&Shop last week.

Eating some stuffed mushroom caps right now. Not sure what's next on the docket for dinner. Having a few corona's.... this has been a particularly bad week for eating & drinking too much. Bleh!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Hot and Sweet Salmon, parmesan risotto cake, sauteed green beans and shrooms.

I like this Salmon preparation. I dust the fillet with cayenne pepper and cinnamon and they make a topping combining honey, horseradish and bread crumb. Then bake at 375 for 15 minutes. You get the heat from the pepper and horseradish up front and then the sweetness of the honey and cinnamon cools after.

deadheadskier

Staff member
probably will next

got the pasta attachment and cutters first as I have an old fashioned hand crank meat grinder

deadheadskier

Staff member
Really... I've got the mixer and never considered any of the other attachments

Sent from my Thunderbolt via Tapatalk

If you like pasta, get the pasta attachment. It takes 15 minutes tops to whip up a batch and it is so much better than what you get out of box.

I grind 90% of my burger meat at home with the hand crank. Also make homemade sausage and what not, so the meat grinder and sausage stuffer attachment would be good to have.

My wife wants the ice cream attachment. I am vetoing that. Too dangerous :lol:

Geoff

If you like pasta, get the pasta attachment. It takes 15 minutes tops to whip up a batch and it is so much better than what you get out of box.

I grind 90% of my burger meat at home with the hand crank. Also make homemade sausage and what not, so the meat grinder and sausage stuffer attachment would be good to have.

My wife wants the ice cream attachment. I am vetoing that. Too dangerous :lol:

The KitchenAid meat grinder attachment works really well. One of my spring skiing tailgate staples is italian sausage patties. I buy pork when it's on sale and freeze it. It makes really good burgers and you can feed an army for $10.00

deadheadskier

Staff member
The KitchenAid meat grinder attachment works really well. One of my spring skiing tailgate staples is italian sausage patties. I buy pork when it's on sale and freeze it. It makes really good burgers and you can feed an army for $10.00

did you get the sausage stuffer attachment as well? I have one for my hand grinder, but find it doesn't feed the casings as well as I'd like. I end up with a lot of air bubbles.

Geoff

did you get the sausage stuffer attachment as well? I have one for my hand grinder, but find it doesn't feed the casings as well as I'd like. I end up with a lot of air bubbles.

I own the sausage stuffer attachment that comes with the meat grinder bits but I've never used it.