• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dinner thread...What's cooking...

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Making a chicken casserole. With cream of chicken, sauted onions, cream of mushroom, egg noodles, cheddar cheese and ritz crackers baked on top. Friggen awesome.

deadheadskier

Staff member
corn on the cob, baked potato and wagyu tri-tip on the grill. homemade steak sauce. Fat Bastard Chardonnay

bigbog

Making a chicken casserole. With cream of chicken, sauted onions, cream of mushroom, egg noodles, cheddar cheese and ritz crackers baked on top. Friggen awesome.

Now that's confidence...description before the finished product, OR is it a derived solution via multiple failures Nick..LOL.

Geoff

Shouldn't this be in the time machine thread?

1950s2.jpg

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
:lol:

We've got an old cook book from the 1970. Haven't used an recipes in it, my wife just likes old cook books.

I do use Cream of Mushroom as the sauce in a great vegetarian lasagna I make.

Geoff

:lol:

We've got an old cook book from the 1970. Haven't used an recipes in it, my wife just likes old cook books.

I do use Cream of Mushroom as the sauce in a great vegetarian lasagna I make.

I prefer making my own. My last can of Cream of Mushroom was in the 1980's. Between knives, food processor, and a blender, "cream of ...." is no big deal.

deadheadskier

Staff member
If I'm making soup, I'll make my own. Only reason I don't use it for the lasagna application is the cost. I use dried Morels, Porcini and Black Trumpets in making the broth for my cream of mushroom soup. Delicious, but expensive, so I enjoy it as just soup.