• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Favorite Trail Map

BenedictGomez

I'm surprised you didn't say Smuggs for online trail map. Jay's is good but Smuggs is better I think

They're both good, I like how Jay lays theirs out better though with ratings for folks. I think that's pretty helpful especially for beginner tree skiers to not get in over their head. If Smuggs gets that video integration thing working with video clips when you click on glades, I'll put them ahead.

ScottySkis

http://plattekill.com/winter/plattekill-ski-trail-map

platekill201314.jpg

slatham

image.jpg

Not sure if this works or not. It's an old trail map of Magic with a trail or two that had not yet been cut, and never were. But it gives a better feel for the true mountain vs the current trail map which is a bit lacking.

This version also allows one to better note where the various glades are. But that version is a secret......

MadMadWorld

View attachment 13983

Not sure if this works or not. It's an old trail map of Magic with a trail or two that had not yet been cut, and never were. But it gives a better feel for the true mountain vs the current trail map which is a bit lacking.

This version also allows one to better note where the various glades are. But that version is a secret......

They didn't like the name Lucifer? They should have trademarked Satan's Staircase and licensed it out to Sundown

Smellytele

I feel that the euro maps are more guides then trail maps. Then tend to tell you where the lifts are and the general difficulty of an area. Trails are not really what they are about.