• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Favorite Trail Map

moguler6

Killington, especially the old ones from the 80s, just cause of the intimidation factor.

http://skimap.org/data/211/7/1262055933.jpg

For the east coast, this wins for me. Stared at this map endlessly on my wall as a kid. 3.5 mile gondola, the old Northwest passage lift all the way down to route 100, and before all the double diamond bull! Can't stand what mountains call double diamonds these days. Killington has got to be one of the only ski areas that has actually decreased itself in size and vert.

ceo

Cannon's trail map used to be horribly inaccurate; it's somewhat better now but has a rather large bug, in that the Eagle Cliff chair is shown as to be 2/3 its actual length (the Lower Cannon trail label covers the upper part of it), making it appear that you can't get to the upper Front Five trails from it.

I've become less and less of a fan of James Niehues's maps, they seem to emphasize prettiness over utility. Sugarloaf's is a particularly egregious example; it's so overcrowded with trails and labels that it's hard to figure out where you are or how the trails relate to one another. It wasn't quite as bad before Niehues switched to a more oblique view in order to better depict the Timberline area (I assume that's why he did that).I feel it would work much better with a more schematic approach. And, the Brackett Basin part of the map is completely useless.