• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

first real storm?

Smellytele

Just saw a video from Sugarloaf...line for the SuperQuad made the lines at Wachusett look mild.

This is why my favorite storms are when it rains at home but snows in the north. You can go get good snow but the masses stay home.
Basically did rain at my house. 2 inches of frozen shit on my deck and drive way this morning

Cornhead

Has Burke ever been the jackpot in any storm ever? Lol
Yes, April Fool's Day storm about 10 yrs ago, 18", it was my first time at Burke. It was hard driving past everywhere else to get there. Man that old quad was slow.

foofy

Not to mention the natural snow (which is mainly the reason they opened, the manmade was half gone) is totally frozen over this morning. I'm sure they groomed away some of it but it can't be good there today. Plus check out the dirt they groomed up on Conifer!
Skied the afternoon session. Fun, fluffy bumps most of the way down with minimal ice on steeper sections. Very bottom was icy / crusty, but no big deal. Lines were manageable.

Zand

Rule of thumb...if there is terrific model agreement on a blockbuster one week out, something will go wrong in the coming days. If there is terrific model agreement on a cutter a week out, lock it in.