• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Forum Keeps Breaking - Why?

Jcb890

I'm sure this is the wrong spot, but appears to be the only section people are really active in...

What is the deal with AZ? Today seems like the 1st day it has been working for a few days.
Lately it seems like AZ is down more than it is working.

What gives?

Domeskier

Not sure, but Nick probably had to take out a restraining order against that guy from the Superstar thread.

Glenn

It was a bit flaky over the weekend, then it worked, then not so much. Hopefully, it'll be back online going forward. I still like to check in here regardless of the season.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
I have another take " I don't complain when free shit breaks".

I'm still ahead of the game with this past years summit,that and other March memories will carry me through till next year.

BenedictGomez

Forum was down for the better part of many days.

Starting to wonder if this is the beginning of the end.....

abc

I’ve been feeling it is the beginning of the end a good many weeks ago...

I’ve gone through the end of epicski.com. People I’ve contacted in private, or have met in person, I kept their contact info, which turned out to be very helpful when epicski died.

BTW, that one also happened in early summer.

Jcb890

I have another take " I don't complain when free shit breaks".

I'm still ahead of the game with this past years summit,that and other March memories will carry me through till next year.
I don't see anyone complaining. I see some questions asking why the site has not been working.

Sadly, its been trending this way for the better part of a year.

I’ve been feeling it is the beginning of the end a good many weeks ago...

I’ve gone through the end of epicski.com. People I’ve contacted in private, or have met in person, I kept their contact info, which turned out to be very helpful when epicski died.

BTW, that one also happened in early summer.
There are other forums out there... I do enjoy AZ and hope it doesn't go away.

Domeskier

There are other forums out there... I do enjoy AZ and hope it doesn't go away.

I had to read way too much about parking lot barbecues and ski trail tunnels over at K-Zone to get my ski forum fix this week.

Jcb890

Had some issues but it's figured out now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using AlpineZone mobile app
Any chance of a further explanation? I don't want to complain, but usually forum issues are fixed within hours, not days/a week.

I had to read way too much about parking lot barbecues and ski trail tunnels over at K-Zone to get my ski forum fix this week.
Yeah, I'm not really interested in a mountain-specific forum. One can only talk about Killington or Mt. Snow or a singular mountain so much. I'm looking for something that covers all of the Northeast and more. That's what I like about AZ.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Noticed the same thing. Took it as an invitation to accept that winter is over.

Funny. Back in the day we used to have a debate as to when Greg should change the forum from Blue to Green. I think it has been permanently winter around here for some time.

Glenn

Funny. Back in the day we used to have a debate as to when Greg should change the forum from Blue to Green. I think it has been permanently winter around here for some time.

I changed it in my settings so it's always blue.

prsboogie

Any chance of a further explanation? I don't want to complain, but usually forum issues are fixed within hours, not days/a week.

Yeah, I'm not really interested in a mountain-specific forum. One can only talk about Killington or Mt. Snow or a singular mountain so much. I'm looking for something that covers all of the Northeast and more. That's what I like about AZ.
There are other non Mountain specific forums that are northeast based out there.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Jcb890

There are other non Mountain specific forums that are northeast based out there.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I meant mountain-specific as in Killington or Sunday River having their own forum which is dedicated to that specific mountain. Sorry.

ALLSKIING

Staff member

Thought it was fixed and found out later it didn't work from what I understand. Also was late to the party on fixing it didn't help.

Sent from my SM-N950U using AlpineZone mobile app

Pez

I'm glad this is back. Makes saying goodbye to winter a little easier.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone