• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Grilling in the parking lot

skiur

I don't think that you'll find better or more extensive tailgating than at Killington in May.

I tailgate at K any day that it's warmer than 15-20 and not crazy windy. The bars are just too damn expensive so I only hit them on the coldest days.

drjeff

I don't think that you'll find better or more extensive tailgating than at Killington in May.
Have you ever been to an NFL game in recent years?

There's a guy who parks in the lot near Gillette Stadium for my beloved New England Patriots games, who owns a company that makes amongst other things, custom corn hole boards, and his company custom wrapped Ford F450 tows a matching wrapped close to 20 ft trailer that has pop up sides that cover a 12 seat bar with 3 large flat screen TV's over each side of the bar and a 4 ft or so long grill that rotates out of the side nearest the trailer hitch!

Makes the propane powered oven, griddle, dual burner grills, and "blast furnace turkey fryer" plus 48" HD TV that me and my friends bring look like child's play! 😉🤣

jaytrem

Kinda funny that a spammer wakes up a thread and just about doubles the posting activity around here. Guess we need more spammers.

Hawk

Sugarbush has no issues with it. I have seen many people grilling over the past 2 years with the Covid thing going on.

KustyTheKlown

Magic would be the LAST place I’d expect this. Any answer as to why?

total conjecture here, but i think it may be due to the small tight nature of the parking lot (at least the A lot). they really pack people into the A lot and there isn't much room for driving in/out. that would be complicated by a bunch of tailgate set-ups. the B lot however tends to have plenty of space to maneuver.

could also just be an insurance/liability thing with their carrier