• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Gunstock Management team resigns

AdironRider

Probably not much damage. Any sort of major capital project was rolling already, and they aren't hiring seasonal staff yet.

But maybe a 5-10 percent drop in season pass revenue as people say fuck it and move onto other mountains.

Outside of ski message boards I don't hear a lot of chatter about this, unlike the other free stater fiasco in Croyden which went national.

Newpylong

There is plenty of talk about it here and we are an hour west of there. I think if things get back on track within a couple weeks the needle isn’t going to move either way.

KustyTheKlown

i just started listening, but the 2nd block of the new this American life episode appears to be about free staters. the set up is - croydon nh town meeting drama over school budgets. it begins at 13 min into the pod if you want to skip

edit - yup, its free staters. exact same playbook as the hasids in rockland county

Last edited:

cdskier

Yes, replaced by a woman named Denise Conroy.

She has quite a resume (and story). Reading some of the information and articles she's written online, she's not one to hold back and seems to be quite a powerhouse. She's only lived in NH since 2020 it seems. Any idea what her interest in Gunstock is? Not sure if she skis...but she does have her Instagram profile pic as an image promoting to "Take back Gunstock".

Edit: Just read that her husband is a ski instructor at Gunstock.

Last edited:

Edd

She has quite a resume (and story). Reading some of the information and articles she's written online, she's not one to hold back and seems to be quite a powerhouse. She's only lived in NH since 2020 it seems. Any idea what her interest in Gunstock is? Not sure if she skis...but she does have her Instagram profile pic as an image promoting to "Take back Gunstock".

Edit: Just read that her husband is a ski instructor at Gunstock.
No, I don’t know much about her.

Edd

Yes, replaced by a woman named Denise Conroy.
There is a point of concern for me, though. Strang, during Sunday’s meeting, verbally agreed to resign if the Delegation voted in a replacement, which they did on Monday. To my knowledge, Strang has not actually submitted letter of resignation. Sylvia and other Delegation members who didn’t want Strang removed did not attend the meeting, and these guys play a lot of games.

edit: WMUR refers to a letter of resignation in their reporting. I presume I’m being paranoid, this has been a roller coaster.

Last edited:

MadPadraic

Even though I am a lefty fire breathing Dem, who abhors the republicans (and yes Charlie Baker is responsible for the MBTA's demise - I worked there when he fucked it up by puting his little Harvard Kennedy School pukes in there), ...

The Orange Line(!!) is shutting down for a month. Mayor Wu called for it (as in ripping off a bandaid). However--Baker's guy Poftak really doesn't seem concerned about the MBTA riding public. His suggestions/mitigation plan seems to roughly be get a stay at home job/move to the burbs/stop trying to get to work/don't go out.

Bostonian

There is a point of concern for me, though. Strang, during Sunday’s meeting, verbally agreed to resign if the Delegation voted in a replacement, which they did on Monday. To my knowledge, Strang has not actually submitted letter of resignation. Sylvia and other Delegation members who didn’t want Strang removed did not attend the meeting, and these guys play a lot of games.

edit: WMUR refers to a letter of resignation in their reporting. I presume I’m being paranoid, this has been a roller coaster.
While I am not a NH resident, I hope that the people of NH will vote these creeps in September or November. Gunstock dodged a bullet here, but as long as Silber and his cadre of psychophants are involved, this isn't over I fear.

The Orange Line(!!) is shutting down for a month. Mayor Wu called for it (as in ripping off a bandaid). However--Baker's guy Poftak really doesn't seem concerned about the MBTA riding public. His suggestions/mitigation plan seems to roughly be get a stay at home job/move to the burbs/stop trying to get to work/don't go out.
I remember back in 2016 before I was forced out of the MBTA by Baker's henchmen, they (senior management) was trying to cut funding to the Red Line Floating Slabs program. I had pleaded with my boss at the time to not cut it in half ($80M to 40M), because it was a safety sensative program and also it was already partially funded through the feds. I was relentless in keeping it funded, and succeeded... but it cost me (as I suspect) my job by 2018... Baker is an arrogant piece of garbage... Poftak, I sense is caught between a rock and a hard place.

bigbob

Edd

Edd

jimmywilson69

I've been loosely following this, then went on vacation. Can someone quickly summarize what happened after everyone quit? I'm good up to that point

KustyTheKlown

I've been loosely following this, then went on vacation. Can someone quickly summarize what happened after everyone quit? I'm good up to that point

the community rose up and more or less forced the resignation of the problematic commission members and the gunstock team un-quit