• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hello Everybody

BeefyBoy50

Hi everybody, new Member here.
Sorry i think im posting in the wrong section, I couldn't find the right place to put it.
I'm a junior in a high school in Philly and i absolutely love skiing. Problem is, I only get out a couple times a year- my parents enjoy going out west for spring skiing for about 1 week in march. Basically, the entire winter that snow is falling farther north of philly, I'm dreaming of skiing- doesn't have to be west or east as long as I'm out on the mountain. Problem is, though, my mom hates driving up east so I rarely get to ski at our great NY/VT/NH/ME resorts that are all 6+ hours from Philly. This forum looks really cool and seems like a great way for me to be as close as possible to skiing without actually being on the slopes.
Beefyboy50

steamboat1

Welcome BeefyBoy50. Your a junior in H.S. you say. Isn't that around the time you can get a drivers license. Work & save some bucks. I'm sure mom would let you take the car to go skiing for a day or two if you pay your own way. At your age that's what I did. You'll have memories that will last a lifetime. Don't let time pass you bye.

BeefyBoy50

Well I'm not going to lie and make up a story that i'm older than I am. And yup I probably should've gone to sleep rather than posting, but skiing is too important to me. haha. BeefyBoy50 is just a screen name and it doesn't actually represent my stature or weight- it was just a stupid name I came up with when I was little- now I can't forget it.

MadMadWorld

Hi everybody, new Member here.
Sorry i think im posting in the wrong section, I couldn't find the right place to put it.
I'm a junior in a high school in Philly and i absolutely love skiing. Problem is, I only get out a couple times a year- my parents enjoy going out west for spring skiing for about 1 week in march. Basically, the entire winter that snow is falling farther north of philly, I'm dreaming of skiing- doesn't have to be west or east as long as I'm out on the mountain. Problem is, though, my mom hates driving up east so I rarely get to ski at our great NY/VT/NH/ME resorts that are all 6+ hours from Philly. This forum looks really cool and seems like a great way for me to be as close as possible to skiing without actually being on the slopes.
Beefyboy50

You should get new parents. Who goes out west for SPRING SKIING?!?!

BeefyBoy50

haha only the ones who don't realize that the skiing in the East is good and it doesn't require a plane ride

mriceyman

hit up the poconoes... its no vermont skiing but itll cure your thirst. try blue or camelbak..reasonable distance and easy on the wallet.

BeefyBoy50

Yeah i've been to Blue a bunch of times... in fact I live within 10 miles of Spring Mountain (tiny little 400 foot hill) but the snow is just often not good enough for the trip

anaisfkyle

nice to meet you... dont feel bad i live in the northeast and go skiing about as much as you. just keep the skiing love

bdfreetuna

You should get new parents. Who goes out west for SPRING SKIING?!?!

Right? That's what the Mad River Valley is for!

Beefy work hard in high school and get a scholarship to UVM or some other ski town college. Until then, you are welcome to ski vicariously through my trip reports :D

Huck_It_Baby

You could take a train or bus if you don't have wheels. Do what most people living down your way do and hit Killington.

Stay @ Turn of River Lodge in a bunk for 33 bucks. Hard to beat the price and I've never had a bad time staying there.