• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How long ya gonna go?

kingslug

With most places closing soon...how long you going to keep..going. K open till june..maybe..next is Jay..then SB.
Its too bad K is 2 hours from my place but SB and Jay look good to extend into May.The K spring pass at 219 is a deal..skiing K and J in a weekend might be a bit ambitious..but possible. Want my 40 days..3 at The Bird coming up in 3 weeks..good thing they got some recent snow..

Last edited:

bdfreetuna

Hope to go to Burke and Jay this weekend... after that probably just one more day at Killington in April, plus maybe a day trip to Jay again.

Things are nice in terms of snow right now but once the trees are out of play I lose interest quick.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Some years I'll grab a day at K or Jay in May, but most years it's when Wildcat closes. As long as April isn't too warm, I'd guess that will be April 29th this year.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

slatham

Heading up for Easter Break - Sugarbush, Stowe then heading back to Bromley to finish out the season there with hopefully a final day at Magic too. Unless there's a real freak storm thereafter the 7th is likely it.

Bumpsis

I still have remaining day for Sugarbush (bough a quadpack), but will cherry pick that day since that is an overnight trip for me. If April delivers a sequence of freeze thaw cycles and just gradual warm up (cornfest!!!!), I'm sure I'll be hitting Cannon for at least couple of sessions. The Sunapee Spring Pass is still live so, overall, I see myself skiing well into April, especially if I manage to sneak a mid week day off here and there.

But I'm itching to start my biking season. The group that I like to ride with typically gets fast early in the season so training rides will compete for limited time. All depends on the weather. Possibility of corn will take priority.

chuckstah

Killington's closing day will hopefully be my last lift served in the East. Then more than likely a couple more days of earned turns. Maybe a summer trip West?

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app

Pez

hate this time of year... it's like the end of summer camp or something

KustyTheKlown

i've firm plans to ski both days of the next two weekends. intend to do the 14th as well. have some stuff going on in philly the 20th weekend. after that it will be super sporadic. i'll be at 49 days after the april 5 weekend. will absolutely get my 50.

drjeff

I've got tomorrow, 3 days next weekend, and the the weekend of April 7/8 for sure. Then in Florida the next 2 weekends for my kids Spring break, then hopefully kids still TBD Spring sports schedules, back up the last weekend in April for a day at Killington and likely some hiking for turns at Mount Snow (presuming they're not still spinning their lifts then...)

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

chuckstah

Probably to Patriots day, then Sunday River goes to weekends only. Bronze pass expires until May 1. I'm at 82 days right now. If I do all the days available to me, my math gives me 99 days. Far and away the most I've ever skied. I may have to buy a weekend ticket to get the 100 days!

Closing day is always free. There's your 100. SR also sometimes accepts midweek passes on weekends when it gets down to weekends only, although they won't advertise it.

chuckstah

We should have a late season Alpine Zone summit at K soon..

There are usually impromptu AZ meetups most weekends late season at K. Doesn't get much better than tailgating right by Superstar in May.

SnoDevil97

Had a good time today @ Crotched, next weekend’s busy with Easter crap. Shooting for 1 more day the weekend after to close out my season , possibly Loon - hopefully they’ll be able to hang on a few more weeks with higher temps & rain in the forecast. Kids have soccer but ironically the snow still hanging in Boston area could help us get north.

If not- this March has been amazing. Best extended days of conditions since I moved to New England in 1999.

BenedictGomez

I'd hoped to go up for a LONG 4 or 5 days for Easter weekend, but the weather might make it a "do not bother getting in the car" stretch of days.

If that happens, the 10/11 or 17/18 will be my last weekend, depending upon what Mother Nature gives us.