• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How many days so far? (2015-2016 season)

JimG.

Staff member
Any trip report?

Although I suck at posting pics I'm going to make it a project tomorrow to get my phone pics posted with a trip report each day. I got home Thursday night was too busy Friday and skied Hunter today.

I have been skiing 54 years and I had no idea that the skiing in Quebec was this good. We had less than ideal conditions save for one epic corn harvest our third day of skiing. And still I could only describe the skiing as great. Big vertical, long steep bump trails and tree skiing everywhere.

4aprice

27. March 25, 2016: Alta (with BenedictGomez)
28. March 26, 2016: Snowbird

We need reports (TR's) TB. Wife is headed out Tuesday and looks like she will get the goods with this storm. I don't get out till Friday and it looks like I miss the main show but I will enjoy anyway. Forecasts look a little iffy for the Colorado portion of the trip but they are computer generated and will hopefully be more white then wet (really not worried about that).

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

thetrailboss

Staff member
We need reports (TR's) TB. Wife is headed out Tuesday and looks like she will get the goods with this storm. I don't get out till Friday and it looks like I miss the main show but I will enjoy anyway. Forecasts look a little iffy for the Colorado portion of the trip but they are computer generated and will hopefully be more white then wet (really not worried about that).

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Just uploaded some pics. Your wish is my command ;)

slatham

18 and I'm done (save some freak and huge dump). This is 10+ less than normal. And many of the "days" were truncated, on limited terrain etc. Sure there were some moments but overall this year was a zero out go 10 and I hope that all the winters to come are much, much better.

wtcobb

Closing out March with 25 after Bretton Woods beach party yesterday and Tucks today.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Speak and Spell using Tapatalk.

drjeff

Today at Mount Snow was day #48. Got 49 and 50 lined up next weekend!

The undercast 1st thing this AM was spectacular!

Attachments

• 1459123909282.jpg
    1459123909282.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 53

ScottySkis

Today at Mount Snow was day #48. Got 49 and 50 lined up next weekend!

The undercast 1st thing this AM was spectacular!
Day 20? Maybe close with Peaks pass before season ends fog lifted after 12 pm good soft sniw Turing Beach snow at bottom. North face had no fog issue this morning so weird fun day for sure

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

dlague

Well we finally hit 35 at Killington yesterday - the moving thing is killing me. Probably 1 or 2 days in New England then I will finish the season in Colorado. 40 will happen and 50 still in the cards.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

xwhaler

24 after Cannon on Saturday---not bad with a 3 yo/4 month old at home. Wife is very much looking fwd to the season ending though!
Looking at the calendar I have 1-4 more days left I think.

yeggous

Friday and Saturday at Jay Peak took me to day 5 and 6. I need to move North, or West!

Is there a reason you don't just relocate the Merrimack Valley or southern New Hampshire? If you have family ties it's really not that far. It shaves a solid hour or more off your drive to the mountains. It leaves you minutes from night skiing. And that region still has a strong economy with lots of jobs, even better than down where you are.

MG Skier

Is there a reason you don't just relocate the Merrimack Valley or southern New Hampshire? If you have family ties it's really not that far. It shaves a solid hour or more off your drive to the mountains. It leaves you minutes from night skiing. And that region still has a strong economy with lots of jobs, even better than down where you are.

Well, the pay check, and time required to do the job so to speak keeps me in S.E. MA. Early Retirement, perhaps?

rocks860

8 days total, looks like that's gonna be it. 7 at sugarbush and one at MRG but I think I really lucked out with the days I was there (although it didn't really seem like it at the time)

snoseek

Well we finally hit 35 at Killington yesterday - the moving thing is killing me. Probably 1 or 2 days in New England then I will finish the season in Colorado. 40 will happen and 50 still in the cards.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
Meet you at abasin in early may!

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

nhskier1969

8 days total, looks like that's gonna be it. 7 at sugarbush and one at MRG but I think I really lucked out with the days I was there (although it didn't really seem like it at the time)

42 so far. I still want to hit 50. Not sure what will give out first the snow or my back.