• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How many days so far? (2015-2016 season)

Cornhead

1. I'm in no rush...

I wasn't this year either, but getting new skis definitely upped the stoke meter. I think I might return to K the last weekend of their early season BOGO'S, then just wait for the local WROD to open. I sure hope this warm weather isn't an all Winter trend.

ironhippy

Got my first turns in tonight.

6 runs down the gravel pit across the street from my house, hiked back up.

MMP

No kidding - he said A Basin was great not 100% open but they have the goods that is for sure.

My kid skis there too. In school out there. Has a bunch of days so far. And a couple on the pass.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449281410.527694.jpg

deadheadskier

Staff member
Don't get me started. Today at Wildcat they had ski teams from Cranmore, Attitash, Mount Washington Valley and Gould in addition to the Wildcat team. I have no idea why Gould wasn't at Sunday River instead.

Smellytele

Don't get me started. Today at Wildcat they had ski teams from Cranmore, Attitash, Mount Washington Valley and Gould in addition to the Wildcat team. I have no idea why Gould wasn't at Sunday River instead.

The ones at Cannon trashed the brown bag area. Left garbage every where and left their bags out on top and under the tables.

JDMRoma

The ones at Cannon trashed the brown bag area. Left garbage every where and left their bags out on top and under the tables.

Those F$&@ing Racers !
I didn't notice the FSC racers but there was a ton of racers from Holdeness.
It actually looked like it wasn't busy until after they showed up !

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

machski

Sunday River was packed with ski teams and also is hosting first races of the season this weekend. That could have had some of the Gould levels moving around.

xlr8r

1 - Today at Loon

Luckily the ski team members were little kids. Way too many boarders that were going much too fast for the conditions though.

ironhippy

Up to 3 now! Skied an access road to a cable antenna near my house last night and earned some turns at the local ski hill today.

Coverage was sketchy at best, but it felt good to get in some turns again. All the natural snow is melting and with the forecast coming, I don't think the local hill will be able to make their planned opening date of next Saturday, they have a lot of snow to make and not much cold weather to do it.

I want a big dump of snow so I ski, or no snow and cold temperatures for hero soil mountain biking, when it warms up everything turns to soup I have to resort to going for runs to get my woods/exercise fix and that's just barely fun!