• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter 12/29

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Its been over ten years since I have skied Hunter.....What the hell was I thinking? I forgot how nice the terrain is on the west side even though it was not all open.

Conditions were very good with all the new snow as well with the guns blazing on Clairs. I mostly stayed on the west side and lapped Clairs until my legs gave out! I am not going to wait so long to get back...Really enjoyed the place!

kingslug

Clairs made the day, the guns where blasting and it got pretty deep in some parts. The entrance on the other hand had people yardsaling all over the place..the WIND! it was blowing at least 30 mph up there, scoured it down to solid ice, with bumps of course. Once inside it was super...a leg burner for sure..lots of poaching on 44..which produced..more yard sales as the hidden brush and small stumps where throwing everyone around, gave ski patrol something to do back there. I thought about venturing in there but wasn't worth it.

holmes

I went up yesterday and it was real nice.

worked the main lift till the crowds built and then went to "F" lift until hunter west opened. Clair run was nice. I did about 12 laps and left about 11:00 as the crowds were building everywhere. I'll be heading up again this friday.