• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I am craving Waffle Cabin's Waffles So much...

drjeff

I bought $36 worth of them from their website. Do I have a problem?

I miss winter :(

Amazingly enough, I've never had one of those great smelling waffles! What makes it even more incredible, is where I store my skis at Mount Snow is literally 10 feet from the Waffle Cabin in the main base area, so I walk right past, and smell those waffles multiple times per day!

I know that if I just had one, that quickly I'd want to have about 100, and that would put me in the huge debate about do I want to cut back on my post skiing beers to make room for waffle calories or not?!?! :eek: :lol:

Smellytele

My kids have bugged me for years to get them one. So I do this year at Killington. They each take about 4 bites and say "The smelled a lot better than they taste" and threw them away.

dlague

When we ski, it is a must purchase one deal for our son and his friends - with chocolate. Personally - I like waffles and they smell great when you ski next to one. I have never tried one since it could be problematic if I enjoy it too much. That kind of carb sticks to me! I did not know you could order them online - don't tell my son!

Yup- missing winter too!

skiNEwhere

I guess there is one at crested butte as well. Didn't even bother to look them up. Didn't know you could buy then online either

Why would you post this?? :uzi:

jimk

My kids have bugged me for years to get them one. So I do this year at Killington. They each take about 4 bites and say "The smelled a lot better than they taste" and threw them away.

Never had one. Against my old codger brown bagger credo.
Every day for four years I walked by a restaurant that makes these pop tarts in their front window, just drooling:
poptarts.jpg
Finally about six months ago I take my wife there for breakfast and we order two homemade pop tarts. They tasted like a teaspoon of grape jelly inside a thick doughy pocket of lousy frozen grocery store pie crust with a messy pile of waxy sprinkles on top. Big let down, but cured me. I still walk by that restaurant everyday on the way to work, but never give it a second look. :puke:

BTW, with sympathy for Bostonian, my folks grew up in Boston area. I visited there a lot over the years. You guys have far, far better local bakeries than we have down here. In fact down here in the southern frontier we didn't even have hardly any local neighborhood bakeries in the DC 'burbs until about 25 years ago.

Last edited:

Bostonian

I am kinda a sucker for bad food... my wife always challenges me on eating some of the worse concoctions from fast food places on a dare. But I do like the waffles - they are just too good to not have!

deadheadskier

Staff member
I think I paid less than that for our waffle iron.

Never tried a Waffle Cabin waffle.

Now I want a waffle though.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
I always make a triple batch of waffles at home. The leftovers go into the freezer. They are still really good reheated.

I often puree berries and mix it into the batter as well. Blueberries make purple waffles. Strawberries make pink waffles. The kids love it.

HowieT2

those waffles are tasty!
surprised to to hear that anyone didnt like them.
great sugar rush to keep the little ones going.