• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

i got bored and booked a 2 week ski trip

KustyTheKlown

Sweet! glad you had a good time. I sort of took a ween hiatus since they are just in cash grab mode and refuse to act like adults and make new music. I think I'm over that now though...
Yea I am more than happy to show up and scream along to the “hits”. Some new-ish stuff last night that isn’t exactly new, like Gabrielle

jimmywilson69

Gabrielle is a great tune, pure Deaner Shred in that solo!

Also I wish I had access to the ski gym. can you get a monthly membership there?

KustyTheKlown

You went fancy. First pair of Kastles?

3rd pair of kastles. i am a true believer.

i got the 2015 bmx118s on steepandcheep for like $400 on a lark, maybe a year after they were a new model. just felt too good to pass up. its what started me on acquiring pink gear. https://www.skimag.com/gear/kastle-bmx118-2015/

2564543-7874219-thickbox.jpg

i busted those up pretty badly at big sky, and struck gold again in the offseason when i found the same next model year online and brand new for like $400 again. mine were still pink, but around this time they changed the BMX line from running on the 8s (98, 108, 118, etc) to running on the fives (95, 105, 115). and they changed from pink to green.

the other day i was cruising for some pow skis to replace the bmx118s, and stumbled on these 2020 model year fx116s. the fx line replaced the BMX line. it just felt like kismet. $440. it was the online shop from powder7 sports in co. they were real stokey in totally unnecessary emails they sent me after i ordered.

caviar and filet on an arby's budget.

i now have a black helmet with pink brand text, pink black crows poles, pink black crows skis, pink fischer skis, pink smith goggles, and a pink neck buff, on all black outerwear. killin.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Edd

1dog

3rd pair of kastles. i am a true believer.

i got the 2015 bmx118s on steepandcheep for like $400 on a lark, maybe a year after they were a new model. just felt too good to pass up. its what started me on acquiring pink gear. https://www.skimag.com/gear/kastle-bmx118-2015/

2564543-7874219-thickbox.jpg

i busted those up pretty badly at big sky, and struck gold again in the offseason when i found the same next model year online and brand new for like $400 again. mine were still pink, but around this time they changed the BMX line from running on the 8s (98, 108, 118, etc) to running on the fives (95, 105, 115). and they changed from pink to green.

the other day i was cruising for some pow skis to replace the bmx118s, and stumbled on these 2020 model year fx116s. the fx line replaced the BMX line. it just felt like kismet. $440. it was the online shop from powder7 sports in co. they were real stokey in totally unnecessary emails they sent me after i ordered.

caviar and filet on an arby's budget.

i now have a black helmet with pink brand text, pink black crows poles, pink black crows skis, pink fischer skis, pink smith goggles, and a pink neck buff, on all black outerwear. killin.

djd66

I did a similar trip a number of years ago. I drove from Calgary all the way to Whistler hitting multiple areas on the way. If you get that far, check out Sun Peaks. It’s on the Ikon Pass. it was an awesome mountain with great terrain and a ton of powder!

KustyTheKlown

How you liking these Kusty?

I've got a pair of the FX106's that I ski on powder days as well as soft pack days that are going to bump up and Spring snow days that I absolutely LOVE

Love! I skied bmx118s (white and pink) for years. The second they died on me I went right back to the kastle line up. And ski essentials in Stowe had them in the summer for $400! I just put them thru their paces out west and I love them. I am interested in fx96 for a “carver” which is usually not my style. The black and light blue 96s are sexy lookin

KustyTheKlown

I did a similar trip a number of years ago. I drove from Calgary all the way to Whistler hitting multiple areas on the way. If you get that far, check out Sun Peaks. It’s on the Ikon Pass. it was an awesome mountain with great terrain and a ton of powder!

I’ve done two variations on this trip. I don’t even remember which was whic but I’ve skied Louise sunshine revelstoke kicking horse fernie and Kimberley. If I do end up doing this trip I will hit kicking horse a la carte one day. Panorama would be new to me

drjeff

Love! I skied bmx118s (white and pink) for years. The second they died on me I went right back to the kastle line up. And ski essentials in Stowe had them in the summer for $400! I just put them thru their paces out west and I love them. I am interested in fx96 for a “carver” which is usually not my style. The black and light blue 96s are sexy lookin
my 17yr old, similar height to me, son has a pair of the FX96's from a couple of years ago in their gray/orange color scheme (the demo ski sales from powder7.com yield some good bargains at times for sure) and I will totally admit to taking his 96's out multiple times and they're. Quick edge to edge, definitely playful on most snow surfaces, and the edge grip when you lay them over, even on hard snow, is no joke. Kastle makes a GREAT ski for sure!

Pretty sure my next pair I get will be a pair of their MX88's as those check off just about all of the boxes for the snow surfaces and turn radius that the majority of the New Enlgand skiing days these years bring

KustyTheKlown

Love kastle.

And my Stowe skis were new in plastic for $400!

They seem to have kastle and dps that fell off a truck

KustyTheKlown

@drjeff you're actually dead on - i did get the kastles from powder7, i just checked. and i also got my new norrona current year insulated goretex for $55 cheaper than walking into the norrona store in NYC, or any other online retailer.

I'm not sure what i got from ski essentials, but they were worthy of praise too for some reason.

Kingslug20

Powder 7 for some reason has the best prices by far. Got my Head 105s from them..and my new 94s..

KustyTheKlown

castle mountain alberta looks kinda interesting. a bit low, so i presume it needs to be a good snow year. fits the plan if i wanna hit it. on indy.

Main-Mountain-Map-Logo-scaled.jpg

LoafSkier19

castle mountain alberta looks kinda interesting. a bit low, so i presume it needs to be a good snow year. fits the plan if i wanna hit it. on indy.

Main-Mountain-Map-Logo-scaled.jpg
Just did this in January on a similar trip you have planned. Other than being in the complete opposite direction of the Banff to Revelstoke route and in the middle of nowhere, it’s got some sweet terrain. Steep and generally gets more snow than the Banff areas. The terrain off the summit is really good, especially the chutes around the backside. Lower mountain shouldn’t be overlooked either. Easily my favorite place I’ve gone to on the Indy pass.

Lower Mtn
B120FCCF-3C47-40D6-A5CA-CB89EC8400DA.jpeg
Summit lift
C9D5C7A3-AB5B-4A29-9B7D-ED83CFFE391F.jpeg
lookers right on summit lift
549959F1-CD03-471F-AE62-A4B1F806BCEC.jpeg
Looking down Lone Star on back chutes
EC01E850-4929-46BB-A8E9-6C729F81F2AD.jpeg
About halfway down Lone Star
AA3E12A6-81C7-4154-8785-A19658E709C8.jpegA5E7DDFC-44DC-46AF-81A3-DE92637E1747.jpeg
Back chutes from the Huckleberry area. All of that is in play
E6071CDA-12FB-44B6-986E-AD8FAB90D69E.jpeg

jaytrem

Nice pics! I only got a couple rides to the top when I was there before the wind picked up. I'd call that a bonus considering we saw 3 semi trucks sitting on their side on the way there. Guess they pulled over to ride out the wind and got blown over. Would love to make it back, works well with Nakiska, Banff, Kicking Horse, Panorama, Kimberly, Fernie loop. You want Revelstoke, you gotta add 2 hours each way, not terrible.