• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I met a skier chick...

Anyway as many of you know..I've spent some time on match.com meeting various women. Well I finally met a skier chick on there who lives pretty close to me. I was on the phone with her last night and she seemed cool and we talked for about 2 hours. We're going to meet each other this weekend. She was pretty funny because she asked me if I count my ski runs..which of course I do. She also said she got whistled at for skiing fast on Paradise at Blue mountain. That's the run that put me and Atomic Jeff from PASR in the database. She's only been skiing for 3 seasons and the biggest mountain she's skied is Belleayre. This season she is going to mighty Okemo with a skiclub. When she said she also likes to snowblade..and has 90cm snowlerblades...I bit my tongue and tried not to say anything bad about that. Anyway hopefully she turns out to be as cool in person as she was on the phone.

ERJ-145CA

Fruit boots are rollerblades..

They are but snowblades are also referred to as fruit boots:

More than one name

Skiboards is the generic name but they actually have a lot of different names like "Snowblades," "mini-skis," "snowskates," "Sled-dogs," "figgles" and some more negative terms like "boot protectors" and "fruit boots." In reality, all of these terms don't mean the same thing.

From: http://newscafe.ansci.usu.edu/archive/jan2001/0110_skiboards.html

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Good for you. Who hasn't gotten whistled at for skiing fast on Paradise? The key is to scope out where they are standing while on the 4 pack on the way up (not that you don't know that already)

SkiDork

Snowblades are great for doing things in really tight places - like the very edge of a trail, or really tight trees. The people that scoff at them don't know what they're missing.

Paul

Anyway as many of you know..I've spent some time on match.com meeting various women. Well I finally met a skier chick on there who lives pretty close to me. I was on the phone with her last night and she seemed cool and we talked for about 2 hours. We're going to meet each other this weekend. She was pretty funny because she asked me if I count my ski runs..which of course I do. She also said she got whistled at for skiing fast on Paradise at Blue mountain. That's the run that put me and Atomic Jeff from PASR in the database. She's only been skiing for 3 seasons and the biggest mountain she's skied is Belleayre. This season she is going to mighty Okemo with a skiclub. When she said she also likes to snowblade..and has 90cm snowlerblades...I bit my tongue and tried not to say anything bad about that. Anyway hopefully she turns out to be as cool in person as she was on the phone.

Cool, which high school does she go to?

drjeff

Snowblades are great for doing things in really tight places - like the very edge of a trail, or really tight trees. The people that scoff at them don't know what they're missing.

Plus, she's already used to small things there GSS ;) :eek: ;)

Philpug

Cool, which high school does she go to...next year?

Fixed it for you. :p

Bring to the Philly GTG for your first date.

LOL, you better hope she doesn't read this forum.

Grassi21

I'm definitely going to bring protection, lube and a dozen doughnuts when I meet her. It's true..fat women sweat gravy..:p

just tell her your real name is gordon shumway. if the relationship goes sour, tell her you need to return to your planet....