• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ideal ski towns for the future factoring in all issues?

deadheadskier

Staff member
I miss Mes Ami

I bartended at Mes Amis Sunday and Monday nights 99-2001. Easily the best restaurant job I ever had. Such a great restaurant.

I'm still good friends with Chef Carole and several other Mes Amis alumni. Carole is long retired from chef life. She has been working part time at the candy shop in Spruce Peak Village the past few years. So, if you are ever up there, stop in and say you miss Mes. You will make her day.

cdskier

I miss the old standard of a chef always striving to make the experience for the guest paramount... especially with properly staged courses. I unsuccessfully spent the last decade stressing to servers that I'm ordering my three/etc courses now to be kind to the chef, "oh yes sir, it will come out spaced and separately", only to have all three items come out at once right behind each other or even all together. Every friggin time... from 'fine dining' places. It's now all about what makes it easier on the chef, not best for the guest. I've given up ordering everything at once - the trust is broken - it gets ordered one at a time now.
That's one of my biggest pet peeves. There's a bunch of restaurants I go to where I've now resorted to ordering a course at a time because I know they'll bring things too quickly otherwise.

AdironRider

Jesus, DHS just gets in pissing matches with everyone these days.

Names a restaurant he hasn't even eaten at, gets called on it being mediocre, then gets salty and goes right back to his tripe about how everything was better when he was a ski bum in Stowe for a year or two.

How this guy continues to represent this forum is beyond me.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Jesus, DHS just gets in pissing matches with everyone these days.

Names a restaurant he hasn't even eaten at, gets called on it being mediocre, then gets salty and goes right back to his tripe about how everything was better when he was a ski bum in Stowe for a year or two.

Rent free bud

Rent free

JimG.

Staff member
lol this forum should be grateful that mods like dhs continue to want to deal with this forum's occasional crap.

An unnamed few of you are testament to my personal patience after almost 17 years of punishment!

lol and I wouldn't have it any other way!!

JimG.

Staff member
When did the first argument in history start...when the first person in history..met the second.
Ha I stopped arguing many years ago...arguing implies that you might change someone's opinion and I know that's not happening.

Warp Daddy

I see i haven't missed much during my hiatus 🙄.
Bitchers gonna bitch, sometimes i wonder why anyone would want to moderate , seems almost masochistic .

But hang in there guys , don't let the bullshit wear u down. Longtime no talkee to DHS and JimG , glad u guys are well

JimG.

Staff member
I see i haven't missed much during my hiatus 🙄.
Bitchers gonna bitch, sometimes i wonder why anyone would want to moderate , seems almost masochistic .

But hang in there guys , don't let the bullshit wear u down. Longtime no talkee to DHS and JimG , glad u guys are well
Hey Warp I've been spending most of my time on NYSkiblog recently, mostly because I've been skiing NY only this season but also because the discussions are more ski centric and adult.

Hawk

DHS is fine. You guys are missing what is going on here. You have a Younger urbanite that loves NYC vs an older much more rural loving guy from NH. Both really love where they are at. DHS takes offence that most of the places he would consider decent eating where shat on by ABC. I would probably react similarly. I have been to NYC a bunch because my company is based there. Of course there is fine dining. But I could never live there. Nope. I guess I fall closer to DHS's ideal than ABC.

Smellytele

DHS is fine. You guys are missing what is going on here. You have a Younger urbanite that loves NYC vs an older much more rural loving guy from NH. Both really love where they are at. DHS takes offence that most of the places he would consider decent eating where shat on by ABC. I would probably react similarly. I have been to NYC a bunch because my company is based there. Of course there is fine dining. But I could never live there. Nope. I guess I fall closer to DHS's ideal than ABC.
Not sure ABC is that young maybe older than DHS

Tonyr

True but
A sounds older than d in my opinion
As someone who lives in NYC I hate when others give us a bad name (and I know there are lots that do down here) It's asinine to brush off pub food as nothing special. I entertain for a living and have eaten at pretty much every high-end restaurant in Manhattan, most of them dozens of times if they're located in Midtown.

While the best ones are very nice, I look forward to visiting my favorite pubs up here in New England just as much or more than a fancy place in NYC. Most times I'll take good hearty food in a casual setting any day over a stuffy meal. We're not all snobs down here, when you see an arrogant comment like that know that the person spewing it has no idea what they are really talking about when it comes to food. What's the old saying...."if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all."

Last edited:

Tonyr

You think? I don't know. I never can tell. He seems to have a youthful demeaner.
I think ABC is a woman, she/he had a profile on the Ski Divas forum and noticed that the profile was banned from that site. I think you need to be a woman to join that forum but I don't know for sure.