• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I'm having a great night!

WJenness

That sounds like a boot sector virus. My wife just mentioned to me last week about a new virus going around that destroys HD's by erasing or corrupting the first few boot sectors on HD's. Coincidence? Maybe.

Not sure if you mean my 'overclocking failed' message or my HDD failure... neither were virus issues.

The overclocking failed I can get to happen without any drives plugged in... and the HDD failure was a head crash... when I took the drive out and put it in a usb enclosure to copy some data off to my desktop I could hear the telltale clicking, and a disk scan turned up bad sectors.

Neither were a huge thing as the 'overclocking failed' requires 5 seconds of BIOS settings and it boots fine again, and the laptop HDD was covered under warranty and I got my data off of it anyway.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

-w

Beetlenut

Do you have site licenses? I want to use it across my company.

I hesitate to answer for real here, for fear of revealing my true nerdiness. No, we actually have seat licenses, as in per computer. The developers actually have two seat licenses per computer. The goverment is switching over to a new network managed by Ross Peroe's old company EDS. It's a complete and total ClusterF@#k!! Now back to your regularly scheduled forum bashing!

Want to Make $$$$ with your Computer? No Risk! Simply press shift-4 four times in a row!!

Byte me! Just stick to the intellectual threads you understand, like the Dinner thread, Weekend thread, Key Chain thread,... :wink:

Some awesome threads..

There are 10 type of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.

what is binary??? I took a QBasic class in high school and Pascal..
Why do nerds confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because OCT31=DEC25

How's that for nerdy?

Huh..I don't get it..