• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jackson Hole Christmas Week

Zermatt

Apre vous which is next to the main mt is great for intermediates..and experts as well..and less crowded than the main area..study the trail map. All the way skiers right is Saratoga bowl..very difficult but very worth it..good glades before it as well..its my go to area when the crowds pile up. Also if you want a guide but dont want to pay for a true guided day just sign up for an expert lesson. You may end up with only 1 to 3 in your group and they will get you the goods..i do it every time.
And if you want to hit the Hobacks..make sure of conditions..ask patrol.
Il

Yep, last March when crowds were bad nobody was skiing Apres Vous or even Teton lifts. Like the Hobacks though I have a feeling there isn't much snow off trail by Apres Vous, at least not as much as higher up.

Not sure what is going on with the tram. The past two days they have setup the maze to ride the tram but it never opens. Maybe this weekend....

kingslug

The Grizzly glades and Moran glades were great as well. I didn't experience the crazy crowding many talked about. And you can always head of to Grand Foggy for an interesting experience...knee deep and I couldn't see my hand in front of my face for half the run..but the snow was insane..and its a pretty easy place to ski..hard to get in trouble there.