• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jiminy Peak Conditions...

Greg

Staff member
ski_adk said:
redalienx11,

I was there last night too and wow, just wow!!! Folks...conditions for night skiing couldn't be much better unless it was dumping!!! Fast, soft carvable snow all over the place. Whitetail was AWESOME! Did yo-yo bombing runs from 7 right up to last chair at 10:30. Folks...these conditions for this early in the season can only be described as EPIC. Seriously.
Nice! Glad to hear the surface was holding up for you yesterday. Sunday definitely was a winner!

ski_adk

Still sweet!

Went again last night and conditions are still awesome. Nice, soft and very carveable P/PP everywhere. The night-time steeps are in great shape and I dare say, it's getting better. Upper Whirlaway looks like it should be open by this weekend...perhaps the mountain could be 100% by New Year's!

And oh yeah Red, that was probably me. I can't resist bombing when I have a clear approach in front of me.

For you and Pong, we'll definately have to hook up for some turns some night! You can never have enough friends on the mountain!

Greg

Staff member
Re: Still sweet!

ski_adk said:
...perhaps the mountain could be 100% by New Year's!
Well...not quite. Upper Ex and Liftline won't open unless there are several feet of natural. Anything's possible though...

ski_adk

Thanks for the correction Greg.

And oh yeah...we should have like an AZ JP Summit or something some night.

Keep your fingers crossed for the several feet of snow. I really really really want to hit those 2 trails. I think I'm finally good enough to hit them this year.

Sparky

. Upper Ex and Liftline won't open unless there are several feet of natural. Anything's possible though...[/quote]

I have never seen them make snow on lift line, but last year they made a ton on Upper Ex. So much so they had to mark off one of the whales because they were afraid that someone could hit it hard enought to end up hitting a chair. They won't make snow on Upper Ex. until they have done Widow Whites Peck ( East Peak) so I wouldn't whole out much hope for New Years.

ski_adk

This just in:

Weekend Outlook December 24 & 25

...This weekend our trail count will sky rocket to 40 open trails during the day and 18 at night as we add Wild Turkey, Lower Exhibition, Upper Whirlaway, Cutter, Bear Crossing, Catacombs, and all of Widow White’s Peak including Easy Does It, Out To Sea, Scooter, Panorama, and Noreaster...

Greg

Staff member
ski_adk said:
This just in:

Weekend Outlook December 24 & 25

...This weekend our trail count will sky rocket to 40 open trails during the day and 18 at night as we add Wild Turkey, Lower Exhibition, Upper Whirlaway, Cutter, Bear Crossing, Catacombs, and all of Widow White’s Peak including Easy Does It, Out To Sea, Scooter, Panorama, and Noreaster...

:eek: Wow! Impressive.

ski_adk

Last night they were blowing so much snow that the entire east side from the six pack to Left Bank was fogged in. It was quite impressive indeed!

RossiSkier

Newpylong said:
Hello everyone, I'm new to this board. I live over here in North Adams, MA. I have a pass at Jiminy now, but I grew up skiing at Brodie.

It was sad to see the Irish Alps go. They use it for tubing now? A sacrilege! I miss the green snow.

Greg

Staff member

Sparky said:
Greg said:
Upper Ex and Liftline won't open unless there are several feet of natural. Anything's possible though...

I have never seen them make snow on lift line, but last year they made a ton on Upper Ex. So much so they had to mark off one of the whales because they were afraid that someone could hit it hard enought to end up hitting a chair. They won't make snow on Upper Ex. until they have done Widow Whites Peck ( East Peak) so I wouldn't whole out much hope for New Years.
Wasn't aware they blew snow on Upper Ex. My bad. Turkey opens today!

Sparky

Greg said:
Sparky said:
Greg said:
Upper Ex and Liftline won't open unless there are several feet of natural. Anything's possible though...

Wasn't aware they blew snow on Upper Ex. My bad. Turkey opens today!

Wish I was there. The office is unusually obnoxious today. (only a couple more years to go, I hope they still have the All4one pass when I retire)

ski_adk

I want to first say that I DO NOT WORK THERE...

But there's a discount card...here's the deal:

Card: $33

Includes:

- 1 Free Pass in March
- $15 off of each day pass you buy (Yes, YOU CAN combine with state days, men's night and women's night)

In other words...you almost make money on the deal!

And oh yeah...I did another 25k+ vert last night and the place was still in PRIMO shape. Dang I really love this little mountain!