• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington discount tickets?

danimals

Some friends and I booked a trip for the ADKS. On the 17th we were going to head to Lake Placid, stop at Gore on the way, and hit up whiteface on Wednesday. However, it looks like rain on Wednesday. The only two places Ive seen without rain in the forecast is Jay and Killington. The plan was to check the report for whiteface in the AM, and if they were closed, make the 2-3 hour drive over to VT. Sucks, but the trip has been booked for a while.

So I checked killington's tickets, and holy f&ck, over 100 at the window? Im not even old and I remember paying almost half that. I don't want to buy online in advance and end up not using it. Does anyone know any local shops or businesses in the area that sell discounted tickets, or if thats even a thing?

Probably the last trip I ever book for January as I never learn my lesson about weather, but the days off from work had to be used that week.

SkiFanE

Go someplace cheaper. Gamble and pay online in advance. You have to pay to play - I have yet to find a cheap way to ski places I want , so I get 50+ days on my $1k pass. It's a costly sport and if you want to ski K, you gotta pay up.

(Yeah I'm a curmudgeon towards people who enjoy an expensive sport and complain about the prices while they enjoy the HS lifts and smooth man made and groomed snow). Sorry.

bdfreetuna

Wed the 18th it's not certain it will rain (or snow) anywhere let alone everywhere besides Jay and Killington.

dlague

Killington is a tough place to find deals with the exception of early and late season deals. Mid season is pretty tight. I agree with skifree, a ski club would be the best option but not sure if you have enough time time to get that situated.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

danimals

I know the weather is a tossup, just looking for possible plans should everything go to hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fcksummer

Website
fck-summer.tumblr.com
My employer offers membership to "Workingadvantage" which has discount lift tickets to a bunch of places including Killington. It's $68 for an anytime ticket on there, $55 for midweek. Might be worth looking to see if your employee offers something similar.

skinavy

Yes- Express card. If you are a veteran it's free (bring your ID, driver license endorsement, or DD214). $99 otherwise. You can get it day-of and use immediately.
50% off weekday, 25% off weekend.
If you pay for the card you are ahead of window cost on day 2 (weekdays) or 4 (weekend). Obviously you are ahead from day 1 if you have the free card.

VTKilarney

Joining a ski club doesn't seem worth it for a single day lift ticket. The OP would also have to pay up front for the membership, when he specifically said that he didn't want to commit.

dlague

Joining a ski club doesn't seem worth it for a single day lift ticket. The OP would also have to pay up front for the membership, when he specifically said that he didn't want to commit.
Cheaper than the Express Card. Ski Club memberships can be had for about $30 and there are still many opportunities to use it in the $45 to $50 price range which includes some Saturdays.

Clearly if you can find discounts with out having to sign up for something then that works best.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app