• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killllington ๐ŸŽฟ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐ŸŽฟ๐ŸŽฟ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐ŸŽฟ๐Ÿ˜€

urungus

1 hour to go now. Most people have put their skis in line and then wandered off somewhere. The lift is spinning, but I donโ€™t think they will be loading any passengers much before 9

Zand

After getting in line for an hour and then 20 mins to the lift they said Ikon passes aren't valid and made me go inside to get a pass. That's FUCKING BULLSHIT Killington.

skiur

Why would you wait in a line that long? By 1030 there will be no line.

After getting in line for an hour and then 20 mins to the lift they said Ikon passes aren't valid and made me go inside to get a pass. That's FUCKING BULLSHIT Killington.
that seems kinda crappy. i just saw someone on their FB page posted the same thing.

skiur

Doesn't mention in the snow report that ikon pass isn't direct to lift today, definitely some BS on Killingtons part.

Zand

Doesn't mention in the snow report that ikon pass isn't direct to lift today, definitely some BS on Killingtons part.
Not only that but they made you buy a ticket, wouldn't even just print a complimentary pass. They said to take it up with Ikon.

drjeff

Not only that but they made you buy a ticket, wouldn't even just print a complimentary pass. They said to take it up with Ikon.
When I read the release that K put about about June 1st skiing, I definitely inferred that anyone skiing/riding today was going to have to make the $25 donation (ticket) to ride the lift, regardless of one's pass status.

They could of been clearer on this for sure

Zand

all the way to highline,... for real? How many people showed up?
Ended up all the way down past the Gondola right at opening. Took 20 mins for me to get to the front of the line from where I was (keep in mind only 2 per chair and the lift was running slower at opening). The upper bays are all about 3/4 full and there are cars parked most of the way to Snowshed on the road, so a pretty massive crowd by June 1 standards.

I ended up taking four total runs today. First two were on my old rock skis which have no edge. First run was fine on the soft groomed snow, but the second run once the ice base started coming out I kept eating shit every time I tried to turn at the top of Preston's. Also on the second run I walked down the right side of the headwall (which I did the first run also) but tried stepping down too quickly and ended up tumbling down a good portion of the headwall before rolling into a rock that stopped me. Have some nice cuts and bruises from that experience.

I left to have breakfast with the wife at Back Country around 11 (best omelettes around!) and then came back up at noon and took two more runs. Line is totally gone at this point. I used my daily driver Nordicas as the depth is actually really good for the most part and I wasn't afraid of hitting many gnarly rocks. First run I talked around on Nivis Walk which took a few mins longer but was a nice change of pace. Last run I tried rappelling down the ropes which wasn't as hairy as I expected. Anyway, the skis made all the difference as I could actually turn and stop. There were some good bump lines forming on mid Supe, but the top of Preston's is starting to get roached.

Always a good time at K in the spring, glad I was able to get out for one more day.

Smellytele

The line was really past the gondola? Never have I seen that in any year I have been on June 1st (or later closing day)
Didnโ€™t get there today.anyone get a T-shirt?

Zand

The line was really past the gondola? Never have I seen that in any year I have been on June 1st (or later closing day)
Didnโ€™t get there today.anyone get a T-shirt?
Yes. They were still handing them out my second run. And then at noon they still had smalls left. No supply issues this year.

Mine is covered in mud from tumbling down the headwall lol.

letitsnow1

I only took 2 runs, it was fun but there were so many people,you had to ski slow and that's no fun. Good end to the season. My shirts. covered in mud from trying to pass people on the dirt on Preston's lol. Super crowded at 9 am they definitely made a profit , I know some were concerned. This morning I overheard employees from the u bar worried about not having enough beer

chuckstah

Fun day. The snow was still holding up pretty well when I left about two, but the rocks were definitely out by then. Crowds dissipated quickly after the first couple of runs. I'm getting old, repelling the headwall sucked. 30-40 years ago I'd basically run down the rocky steeps. Today I took the scenic route a couple times. Pics won't upload.

Edd

That's so weird they didn't put up a sign or walk the line and announce it. That's a guaranteed angry customer who waits in line forever only to be told to buy a ticket.