• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killllington ๐ŸŽฟ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐ŸŽฟ๐ŸŽฟ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐ŸŽฟ๐Ÿ˜€

chuckstah

I heard many people complaining about the Ikon situation. They were told it expired yesterday.

Smellytele

I only took 2 runs, it was fun but there were so many people,you had to ski slow and that's no fun. Good end to the season. My shirts. covered in mud from trying to pass people on the dirt on Preston's lol. Super crowded at 9 am they definitely made a profit , I know some were concerned. This morning I overheard employees from the u bar worried about not having enough beer
No profit from the skiing. It went to charityโ€ฆ

LoafSkier19

Thatโ€™s crazy about not accepting Ikon. The last 2 Juneโ€™s they honored it. If we had gone we wouldโ€™ve assumed the same thing. I donโ€™t buy the expired nonsense since you can still use it this summer in the Southern Hemisphere.

urungus

Thatโ€™s crazy about not accepting Ikon. The last 2 Juneโ€™s they honored it. If we had gone we wouldโ€™ve assumed the same thing. I donโ€™t buy the expired nonsense since you can still use it this summer in the Southern Hemisphere.

Total BS. I had only used 6 of 7 IKON days this year, and I have already renewed for next year. So it should have been valid under one year or the other. People who had Killington season passes were getting scanned with no issue. Killington staff were extremely unhelpful. Had to leave the line at 8:50 to go back to the ticketing area on the lower level of the k1 lodge where they wouldnโ€™t sell me a ticket, had to set up an account on my phone to use with the kiosk. Meanwhile the chair has started loading and I am stressing about all the Tshirts getting handed out. I ran back to my place in line, everyone who had been waiting with me had already gone up the lift, but I did manage to get a shirt (and sticker)

edit: I had been saving that last IKON day all year and could have used it some other time mid-winter. Really irritated by this.

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Not only that but they made you buy a ticket, wouldn't even just print a complimentary pass. They said to take it up with Ikon.
Is yours a 2023-2024 pass or a 2024-2025 pass? The latter arenโ€™t accepted the start of next seasonโ€ฆ

thetrailboss

Staff member
When I read the release that K put about about June 1st skiing, I definitely inferred that anyone skiing/riding today was going to have to make the $25 donation (ticket) to ride the lift, regardless of one's pass status.

They could of been clearer on this for sure
Waitโ€ฆ.were Killington Passholders able to ski with their pass?

cdskier

Is yours a 2023-2024 pass or a 2024-2025 pass? The latter arenโ€™t accepted the start of next seasonโ€ฆ

K claimed neither were valid...they said 2023/2024 "expired" and 2024/2025 is only valid at K next season (the latter isn't surprising, but the former seems very odd).

thetrailboss

Staff member
K claimed neither were valid...they said 2023/2024 "expired" and 2024/2025 is only valid at K next season (the latter isn't surprising, but the former seems very odd).
Well, based on what others have said, I can see a scenario where Killington was right that it wasnโ€™t their decision. At this time of the season IKON partners are getting a per-pass day payment that is on the order of $75 or so. Earlier in the year itโ€™s billed against the prepayment that each resort gets. So naturally Alterra doesnโ€™t want to be continuing to pay when they collected that IKON money a long time ago. I could completely see Alterra ending the redemption period on May 31st. I believe that only Mammoth and A-Basin are going, both Alterra-owned resorts (or soon to be).

That might also explain why IKON Bird closed last weekend. No more IKON redemptions.

And those that feel wronged probably are not going to get any help, let alone a response, from Alterra. They donโ€™t want to pay Killington $75 or so for a day that was worth $25. Killington, of course, would have gladly taken $75 from IKON today for those to ski.

Sounds like it should have been better advertised that IKON was not accepted.

Last edited:

djd66

What they could have done was make everyone pay $25 and all of it is going to charity.

they definitely should have advertised that ikon passes will not be accepted.

No one is perfect,โ€ฆ I give them a ton of credit for pulling it off. When I looked last Tuesday, I thought ZERO percent chance they will open again.

letitsnow1

According to the lifties killington didn't know that ikon passes wouldn't work until they started scanning. they said it was an ikon problem. They couldn't advertise something they were unaware of, Killington didn't decide to not accept ikon passes.

BodeMiller1

Stayed at a condo at a village near K1. Because I didn't use my discount. Not good, butt it was a nice place. Had a silver pass didnt book with it

Attachments

• 17173338502224606583920879803240.jpg
    17173338502224606583920879803240.jpg
    982 KB · Views: 4

Naturalsnow

I had the same problem - no advance notice that Ikon passes would not be accepted, and the pass (Ikon base) wouldn't work at the lift. The Ikon website lists specific blackout dates for Killington, and June 1 is not one of them. Sounds like a breach of contract on the part of Ikon.