• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killllington πŸŽΏπŸ‚πŸ‚πŸŽΏπŸŽΏπŸ‚πŸ‚πŸŽΏπŸ˜€

thebigo

In our experience K typically waives you thru if pass wont scan. Few weeks back on SS, we loaded a fifth grade passport day on daughter's old spring pass, it would not scan first run, they waived the wand and told us to see ticket desk after first run. Same with me opening weekend, loaded day ticket on old spring pass. Was first few in line at K1 opening, pass would not scan, they waived the wand and told me to stop by ticket desk later. If you are going to be stickler early season is the time to do it, could have skied an entire day on north ridge for free.

Zand

After literally starting the email I sent them with "I'm not looking for a refund" they just emailed me back saying they gave me a refund lol.

The email basically stated that Ikon was supposed to work on Saturday, and when it didn't it got a bit hectic trying to figure out what to do and, in the heat of the moment, the option chosen at the time was to have everyone purchase a ticket, which in retrospect probably was not the right option to choose.

It was never about the money for me, I more or less just wanted an explanation about why they went the route they did (and their version of what the hell even happened in the first place). I still remain curious as to why the passes didn't work and I suspect we will never find that out unless Ikon comes clean. But that's that.

thetrailboss

Staff member
After literally starting the email I sent them with "I'm not looking for a refund" they just emailed me back saying they gave me a refund lol.

The email basically stated that Ikon was supposed to work on Saturday, and when it didn't it got a bit hectic trying to figure out what to do and, in the heat of the moment, the option chosen at the time was to have everyone purchase a ticket, which in retrospect probably was not the right option to choose.

It was never about the money for me, I more or less just wanted an explanation about why they went the route they did (and their version of what the hell even happened in the first place). I still remain curious as to why the passes didn't work and I suspect we will never find that out unless Ikon comes clean. But that's that.
Holy. Fucking. Shit. I was not at all expecting THAT response from Killington. You gotta give credit when credit is due. Good on them and I am assuming that you got the refund.

skiur

Are you talking about Killington or ikon? I'm assuming ikon?

djd66

That’s awesome. Kudos to Killington for that
+1 - good for Killington in doing the right thing.

Who knows, maybe they lurk on the Alpine Zone and didn't want any bad PR from the Powder Haters

Smellytele

In our experience K typically waives you thru if pass wont scan. Few weeks back on SS, we loaded a fifth grade passport day on daughter's old spring pass, it would not scan first run, they waived the wand and told us to see ticket desk after first run. Same with me opening weekend, loaded day ticket on old spring pass. Was first few in line at K1 opening, pass would not scan, they waived the wand and told me to stop by ticket desk later. If you are going to be stickler early season is the time to do it, could have skied an entire day on north ridge for free.
Agree from what I saw memorial day weekend and 2 weeks before that.

urungus

Interesting, I sent Killington a similar complaint email, also stating I didn’t want a refund (didn’t want to claw money back from charity). But in my case they issued me a voucher for $20 (not sure how they came up with that number) good through next June

Zand

Interesting, I sent Killington a similar complaint email, also stating I didn’t want a refund (didn’t want to claw money back from charity). But in my case they issued me a voucher for $20 (not sure how they came up with that number) good through next June
That will get you...like...3 chicken fingers in the new KBL πŸ˜†

thetrailboss

Staff member
+1 - good for Killington in doing the right thing.

Who knows, maybe they lurk on the Alpine Zone and didn't want any bad PR from the Powder Haters
Not too many hate "Powder", but there are not too many fans of POWDR. ;)

Or, as I like to say, "More SNOWbird, Less POWDR."

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
This past season there was a student that came back to our indoor base after the first run because he was sick (he was visibly sick, not faking it). I called the Dad and told him to come pick up his kid and when that happened I told him to go get a refund upstairs. He looked at me with amazement and hesitation in his eyes and asked me if I was sure. Yeah your kid made it 20 minutes into a 6 hour program... go get a refund.

SteezyRob

Speaking of prices...I saw someone comment on social media today that they went to K last weekend for the first time and loved it and were happy to pay full price and thought it was well worth it for the amount of effort K put in. So guess the ~$90 wasn't as crazy and "unfair" as someone here claimed :ROFLMAO:
so basically you're a fucking faggot