• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killllington πŸŽΏπŸ‚πŸ‚πŸŽΏπŸŽΏπŸ‚πŸ‚πŸŽΏπŸ˜€

chuckstah

Jay Peak for the last lift served skiing win.

Zand

Don't give Killington any ideas or they will stop blowing the Superstar glacier and instead we'll get the Snowplay Carpet glacier.

urungus

Don’t let @SteezyRob know that it’s $100 for only 4 hours (or $50 for 1 hour) with only the Stateside Carpet running … wonder if Indy Pass is accepted, we could work up some outrage if it is not :)

djd66

Nope. that does not count. That's like saying Sugarbush was first when they blew a patch of snow for a rail jam in Ocotber.
I don't think the rail jam was lift serviced :unsure:πŸ€ͺ,... but yeah, I agree kind of BS to claim last to close!

Newpylong

Definitely does not count, just like when Ski Ward opened their 200 x 20 foot strip of snow from the slush puppy machine in the fall.

Zand

6 days later, almost nothing left. They really milked out every inch of snow that they could. Amazing. Also sorry for the pixelated as hell image, for some reason I can't post pictures without having to screw with the size anymore.

Screenshot_20240607-083013.png

drjeff

From the webcam view this morning, looks like today is the day that Superstar will have the last of it's snow melt out. Only about 4 months or so until it will likley have some snow on it again!

Zand

I'm betting there is still snow in the Stash and possibly, Dream Maker. Anyone know?
Possibly Timberline too. But yeah they spread the leftover piles on Superstar so thin that it wouldn't surprise me if some park features lasted longer than the Superstar remnants this year.

skiur

I know as soon as ramshead closed they knocked down all the park features on timberline and spread the snow out so people wouldn't hike to them, not sure if they did the same at the bear parks.