• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killllington ๐ŸŽฟ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐ŸŽฟ๐ŸŽฟ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐ŸŽฟ๐Ÿ˜€

ThatGuy

If it looks like shit at the beginning of May then it will be grass by the beginning of Juneโ€ฆ

IMO theres two good weekends left then its probably cooked if you like T2B Superstar.

machski

IDK, IMHO SS looked mch better last year in those 2 shots ^^^^^. Last year's shot you cannot make out Ovation, but this year's shot yu can and its toast already. Not the greatest May at K IMHO if on May 4th, its just SS remaining. Though Upper Skylark/HighRoad/Lower Bitter may be intact as we cannot see it in either.

Yellow base was appearing last Sunday. Its been cool this week, but no idea what the fog did to the top. I say 5/14 last good TTB

BodeMiller1

Pictures above are unreal. I've never seen Killington in such great shape this time of year.

We salute you.
This time of year I hit Cannon, then move towards SR. Then mini golf then golf. When I get to the bottom I go back to the top of the slide and I stop...
If someone is blowing more snow then K on Superstar I don't know who they are.

thebigo

One picture was taken may 6 2022, the other today. Last two weeks of constant overcast and cool temps made a big difference. Problem this year is going to be the bottom, had massive piles under the row of stick guns last year.

Skyelark still good but bittersweet is turning brown, may not make the weekend without walking.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230505_111441_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230505_111441_Gallery.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
  • 20230505_102234.jpg
    20230505_102234.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19

BodeMiller1

As noted before by Freeski the Great, if Killington laid a light colored tarp on Superstar in the spring before rain they would be way ahead of the game.

What is the cost of a tarp? What is the cost to make The Glacier?

Is Freeski nuts? I party with the guy all the time, so yea. And if you ski with him it gets worse. Meow

When Killington wants to perfect going green they will ...

I concede no body does it better...

The "S" in spring is planned.

urungus

A few more pix from today

Superstar

IMG_6576.jpeg

IMG_6991.jpeg

IMG_6618.jpeg

Skyelark:
IMG_6605.jpeg

Bittersweet:
IMG_6612.jpeg

High Road, second section connecting Skylark and Bittersweet is getting thin
IMG_6707.jpeg

IMG_6609.jpeg

Domeskier

Superstar will be super awesome once the half they groom to appease the 100 y/o club gets bumped up. Skyelark and Bittersweet will be down to dirt and rocks but still skiable, and the park rats will be hiking to hit one or two features on Skyehawk.

ThatGuy

Iโ€™ll probably be there for some laps as wellโ€ฆweather looks great

Domeskier

Looks like it's down to Superstar and the Skyehawk mini park this weekend. Also sounds like a full groom on Supe...