• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killllington πŸŽΏπŸ‚πŸ‚πŸŽΏπŸŽΏπŸ‚πŸ‚πŸŽΏπŸ˜€

SkiingInABlueDream

If you are able to refill at lunch, what is the issue with popping into the lodge later in the day to refill again ? Beats carrying an enormous quantity of water with you all day …
I'll do that if the lodge is convenient for where I'm skiing (eg Octagon at Stowe or Cannon summit lodge). But for example that day at K after lunch onward I was lapping Canyon and then SS chairs and I really didn't feel like shlepping back to KBL for water. The hydro vest would've been perfect. Its not at all bulky and it was Tshirt day warm

thebigo

I'll do that if the lodge is convenient for where I'm skiing (eg Octagon at Stowe or Cannon summit lodge). But for example that day at K after lunch onward I was lapping Canyon and then SS chairs and I really didn't feel like shlepping back to KBL for water. The hydro vest would've been perfect. Its not at all bulky and it was Tshirt day warm
typically a couple 5 gal water coolers in the U bar for refilling bottles.

Kingslug20

My damn flat water bottle popped on my last day...time for a new one..

drjeff

Bare spots starting to appear, at least tomorrow will be much cooler

View attachment 58488
Guessing they'll push some snow there later tomorrow and it should freeze up tomorrow night if the forecast is remotely accurate, and that will slow the dreaded "S" that shows up as Superstar starts to show signs of the end of the season

jimmywilson69

they definitely will get a rare opportunity to be able to move snow and have it freeze without any traffic. 12 Calendar days until Memorial Day. 15 to June 1.

Newpylong

My prediction was last day memorial day weekend with some walking. I hope I am proven wrong and they hit June but it's going to be a stretch.

machski

Grooming SS now
Yup, they are getting a huge hand from mother nature. Was 32F on the app when I saw the cats in the prowl this morning. If that temp is accurate, they should have a nice firm surface to work the cats with. Along with tonight, should make any rebuilt areas very solid at least through Saturday.