• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Line Ski or Salomon

B

Broken Neck

Hey there,

I have a question here...

I have to choose between to pair of skis. The first one, Line Ski Skoken Sprang Pro. The other Salomon 1080.

What do you think of them? Strong points?

Thanks...

T

trailbiscuit

Depends on a couple things:
If you're building your quiver, then the Line will be a great park & pipe specific ski.
If this is the only ski you're going to ski this winter, go with the Salomon. Better track record and the 1080 was the first successful twin tip. Plus, Salomon has many more years of experience building skis.

But, I haven't skied either of them. If you have the chance to demo that's always the best way to purchase skis.

B

Broken Neck

Thanks...

I already have a pair of Dynastar S9, but the Line or Salomon will be to follow my friends who ride snowboard... Since we won't always be in the Park/Pipe section, I might go with the Salomon.

I had the chance to demo the 1080 last year, and they felt great, but I might do what you say be tyring other pairs...

Thanks again...

S

SIAWOL

I don't have experience with the Skogan Sprang or 1080's, but I do keep Line skis and Salomon's in my quiver. My Line's can go anywhere (though I stay off the rails)--bumps, groomers, trees. Then again, so can the Salomons.

The difference, I found, has been quality. I've spent plenty of time in the trees on both skis, and the Line's show a lot more wear--scratches, nicks, chips, etc. I even took a fall on a boilerplate snowfield trail at the Loaf last year with the Line skis---while trying to self-arrest, the skis were "chattering" off the snow. When I finally came to a stop, the uphill ski had suffered huge chips off the sidewall/topsheet and parts of the topsheet were starting to peel away. I epoxied them up and skied 'em the rest of the season, but returned them to Line and the issued me a replacement pair. Worked out in the end, I guess.