• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lug or Wear? - Boots/Gear from car to-and-from the lodge

BenedictGomez

So when my girlfriend opened the Dakine backpack I got her for Christmas from Backcountry.com, her's included a $10 Liftopia giftcard (whereas my box had a $5 Liftopia card). So her Dakine cost $30 shipped, with a $10 Liftopia card.

That made it two Dakine backpacks for $60 shipped, with $15 in Liftopia credit (which will 100% be used), bringing the cost down to $22.50 each. I'm still amazed.

gmcunni

we are a family of luggers. i decided very early that each child needed to be responsible for their own gear (as in i'm not carrying your crap!)

Bene288

I strap my skis to my Dakine backpack, then carry my boots and poles. I get to the mountain early enough to get a close parking spot and a seat in the lodge. So much easier then changing at the truck.

Hawkshot99

At my home mtn I keep all my gear in the shop. So just walk out to the lift.
When I travel everything fits in my Transpac TRV (biggest one they make) and skis go over one shoulder and poles in the free hand. All the gear is secured and easy to carry. Most lodges have a free bag check that I leave my bag at, or I use a ski cable lock and lock the bag to a table.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

SIKSKIER

I'm lucky enough to boot up at my house and drive about 30 seconds to hop out and click in.When at other areas I love my Transpack leaving hands free without that old gearbag slipping off my shoulder.

Smellytele

With the low crowds scared away by potential r@!n this weekend, being able to park close and the muddy parking lots we lugged with our Dakine and Transpack boot bags. I like the Dakine packs a lot better

Last edited:

HD333

I Second or Third Transpacks. Both my girls have one and they know if they want to bring something to the mountian they better fit it in there. We leave gear in the locker but usually stuff the Transpacks with pants, gloves, etc...

When traveling to different places the Transpacks hold boots, helmet, gloves, and other misc stuff with no issue. I just sling my boots over my regular pack.