• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic Introduces new "pass" for season passholders of other VT resorts

jrmagic

New “Change of Pace” Pass
Speaking of changes, Magic announced a new “pass” this week—only it may be a season pass you have at another mountain. Now, we’d like to think everyone here has a Magic season pass . But, we know that many skiers and riders have another home hill season pass. Those are pretty pricey and it makes it difficult to venture off that well-worn path. Magic’s “Change of Pace” policy lets those season pass holders at other Vermont resorts show their home pass at our ticket booth for $10 off weekends and holiday tickets to escape to Magic every now and then. Stratton, Bromley, Okemo, Mount Snow are all within 30 minutes of Magic—a place where the trails and glades fall like no other, and where we have plenty of room for a few more guests.

I always liked getting a discount at Jay for showing my Maigc pass. I'm glad to see Magic adding this feature. :daffy:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Too bad it is only for pass holders of other VT mountains unlike Jay's
Makes sense to me. Being able to show a pass from your local flatland bump for a discount is not the aim/goal of the offer. It is to get occasional guests away from nearby competitors to try Magic and hopefully come back for more.

ScottySkis

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

I think this is good idea, I try to visit Magic this season.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Makes sense to me. Being able to show a pass from your local flatland bump for a discount is not the aim/goal of the offer. It is to get occasional guests away from nearby competitors to try Magic and hopefully come back for more.

Yeah, this product is definitely targeted at Mt. Snow, Stratton, Okemo and Bromley skiers. I don't see the $10 savings attracting people from much further than that.

Still a nice offer on their part.

Glenn

This is tempting! May get us up to Magic on one of our blackout dates at the home mountain.

4aprice

But why would you limit your market? I think its very clever marketing and I like the idea. I get a Jay comp with my Camelback pass and I've used it. Yes discounted tickets can and do drive me to a mountain. Most pass holders where ever are the hard cores who you want to come and support the mountain.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ