• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic lodging

Skier4life

Anyone got any recommendations for good moderately priced weekend lodging near Magic Mountain?

I know its a wide open question so shoot whatever you have it will be helpful I am sure...thanks!

gmcunni

i've stayed at what was called The Inn at Magic, it was reasonable and walking distance to the lodge. But it has changed names and ownership so i can't speak to current status. it was named something like Hotel Vermont but now i see it has changed again
http://www.upperpasslodge.com/

not a very helpful post, i know.

jrmagic

From what I hear you can get good rates at the Inn right now. Not really sure what's going on there.... what do you consider moderate for pricing? the Blue Gentian and the Inn/ Lodge Vermont are walking distance to the hill. On 11 the Snowdon Lodge and Magic View are cheaper but are clean and usually have discount tickets. Snowdon also serves continental breakfast. A couple of miles further west is the Swiss Inn which has excellent food. To the east on there are a few options as well.

Skier4life

Thanks to all the great responses and suggestions...turned out we weren't able to go last weekend [scheduling issues, sickness, work etc.] However, I am taking all your comments into consideration when we do go, in about 2 weeks or so...feel free to keep posting, it is much appreciated!
Thanks again guys!!