• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic

Smellytele

Not sure what is happening there but they still only have 1way down. I so want to go there but I can not get anyone in my family to go with only 1 way down. I have 3 tickets already and my wife won a white out pass but still can't get her or my 3 kids to go. I want them to do well and want to be part of them doing well but with 1 way down come on...

xwhaler

Was there today. Tough to groom out the heavy wet snow apparently.....sorta surprised/mildly disappointed they didn't get wizard or tali going early as they did last year
Once magic is game on its incredible but requires patience getting there

Sent from my VS980 4G using AlpineZone mobile app

xwhaler

Beers were cold and food at BLT is much improved over a couple seasons ago so was a good day
Guys in the ski shop took good care of my edges

jrmagic

There were some issues getting power to the guns during the extended cold spell we had earlier in the season then came the crazy warm weather. Early yesterday there was far more brown than white showing so not totally surprised they didn't expand west but had to shake my head at not trying to get the turn around magic carpet open to allow less skilled skiers avoid upper trick. There was definitely enough cover to get that open for the day

xwhaler

Yea they should absolutely make that turn around on wand. Much easier path for beginners/low intermediates to navigate. Is Hocus pokus next for the guns so they can get beginner lessons going or does talisman get the love?

Powderhound

I think the same could be said for most ski areas that rely on natural snow...takes longer to get up to speed but once there...it's rockin'.

JoeB-Z

I skied Magic Saturday and Sunday. Yes, one way down, but Trick to Showoff is such a nice run. This time of year I show up midday and just do laps for conditioning and form, working on different skills each run. I had sharp edges so the only problem with Trick on Saturday was people picking their way down the steeper part. Showoff was really pleasant, especially considering all the bare spots from the weekend before. 11 runs in maybe 2.5 hours. Sunday I skied on the way home starting at 2PM, by 3 it started to rain and snow depending on altitude. I quit at 4 with 7 or so runs. Trick was all softened up and great for machine made over a meltdown. Showoff had a bit of a grooming error at the top, with grooming lumps that were best approached by carrying more speed. I can't wait for Talisman to open up and, new for this year, snowmaking on Sorcerer.

Smellytele

I skied Magic Saturday and Sunday. Yes, one way down, but Trick to Showoff is such a nice run. This time of year I show up midday and just do laps for conditioning and form, working on different skills each run. I had sharp edges so the only problem with Trick on Saturday was people picking their way down the steeper part. Showoff was really pleasant, especially considering all the bare spots from the weekend before. 11 runs in maybe 2.5 hours. Sunday I skied on the way home starting at 2PM, by 3 it started to rain and snow depending on altitude. I quit at 4 with 7 or so runs. Trick was all softened up and great for machine made over a meltdown. Showoff had a bit of a grooming error at the top, with grooming lumps that were best approached by carrying more speed. I can't wait for Talisman to open up and, new for this year, snowmaking on Sorcerer.

All well in good if you have a season pass but for day trippers not worth it.

jrmagic

Yea they should absolutely make that turn around on wand. Much easier path for beginners/low intermediates to navigate. Is Hocus pokus next for the guns so they can get beginner lessons going or does talisman get the love?

They are blowing snow on Carpet now so the turn will likely open tomorrow and then U suspect move across to the chute on wizard

MadMadWorld

Trick to Showoff is definitely a favorite of mine as well. I wonder if they cleaned up Sorcerer a bit. The last few years it has had a lot of brush coming up. Unless they have manicured it a bit more, I don't see a lot of snowmaking being done on it.

WoodCore

Trick to Showoff is definitely a favorite of mine as well. I wonder if they cleaned up Sorcerer a bit. The last few years it has had a lot of brush coming up. Unless they have manicured it a bit more, I don't see a lot of snowmaking being done on it.

Sorcerer has been cleaned up nicely!!!!!

jrmagic

They did a great job thus year getting things cleaned up all over the mountain so almost everything will require much less base than past years. They also did a lot of grading work with the excavator. This last storm laid down some cement so with the next storm We should see a good amount of expansion even if its not as spectacular as it was a day ago.

MadMadWorld

They did a great job thus year getting things cleaned up all over the mountain so almost everything will require much less base than past years. They also did a lot of grading work with the excavator. This last storm laid down some cement so with the next storm We should see a good amount of expansion even if its not as spectacular as it was a day ago.

Can you shed light on which trails got extra love? Marked ones of course

WoodCore

Can you shed light on which trails got extra love? Marked ones of course

Magic Carpet, Wand, Mystery and Talisman to name a few! My favorite fix is the stream crossing on Bail Out. That area should be a dream to ski through as compared to years past. There's a new working culvert pipe so the stream will no longer run across the trail!

JoeB-Z

All well in good if you have a season pass but for day trippers not worth it.
Agreed. I have a season pass and also extreme resistance to boredom as long as something has a bit of pitch. I would be reluctant to use a day ticket also. Plus the top of Trick really works over beginners and low intermediates who have no alternative. Over time I have seen crying and people taking off their skis. Magic had warnings all over the place last weekend.