• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

master plan thread

cdskier

"The issue at ME is that we have a grandfathered snowmaking permit and can do no expansion of snowmaking there. what we have is what we got!"

And they don't even use what they got. When was the last time they blew snow on Exterminator? Pipes are there.

I've long wondered about not using the pipes on Ext. Is there a technical reason they don't use them as in something is broken? Or is it simply by choice where they think Ext is better all natural or just don't want to spend the time/money on covering that trail? I can't remember the last time they blew snow on Ext.

steamboat1

I've long wondered about not using the pipes on Ext. Is there a technical reason they don't use them as in something is broken? Or is it simply by choice where they think Ext is better all natural or just don't want to spend the time/money on covering that trail? I can't remember the last time they blew snow on Ext.
Well I remember when they did.

benski

And the hydrants are not on the side of the trail on exterm. would be much better if those could be removed if they aren't going to make snow on the trail.

cdskier

And the hydrants are not on the side of the trail on exterm. would be much better if those could be removed if they aren't going to make snow on the trail.

I personally like the hydrants where they are. I wouldn't remove them even if they aren't used. I enjoy skiing around them lol!

steamboat1

It was only cut for a sewer line pumping out of K village up and over Pico to Rutland.
Yes I know. It's the reason Killington bought Pico. They saved millions being able to run the sewer line up & over Pico instead of down the access road & over Sherburne Pass when the Grand was built. But it is a connection that many have skied from Pico to Ramshead. It's even been groomed a few times.

tumbler

we also used to drag hoses through the woods from Cliffs and make snow on Hammerhead.

tumbler

I like the lift pod between North lynx and Castlerock, nice terrain in there. Would need that lodge at top of Gatehouse for that though.

benski

I like the lift pod between North lynx and Castlerock, nice terrain in there. Would need that lodge at top of Gatehouse for that though.

That pod looks nice though the it does include a trail over to middle earth which is a bad idea. It should have a cruiser that goes along the ridge to birch run and then build a bridge over that dip in the ridge so you can ski to sunrise and mourning star off that lift.

dlague

Speaking of Master Plans - I take it Jay Peaks plans are out the window! Probably going to just try to keep the doors open and lights on at this juncture.

DoublePlanker

attachment.php

This needs more love. I will buy a season pass to this...