• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Abram

canobie#1

I gotta say, I never in a million years thought I would like this place. But I stayed in a friends log house, slope side on mount abram a few years back. This place has to be the most underrated mountain in NE. It looks a lot smaller on the trail map but it really does have a lot of variety. Is anyone a regular here? Any news on additions in the future?

+1. I've got to agree, and I have got to stop driving by the mountain to ski at my home mountain Sunday River. Last year a purchased a "Chad" card and received a free lift ticket to the mountain with the idea of using it when SR had wind issues, but somehow lost the card and the ticket. :-(

Quietman

I learned to ski at Mt Abram and have enjoyed many great days there. It is a true gem. Note: They recently changed Thurs and Fri hours to 9-7 instead of the 11-7 mentioned in the article. This will be the 1st time the lights have been on in the last 5 years.

I learned to ski at Mt Abram and have enjoyed many great days there. It is a true gem. Note: They recently changed Thurs and Fri hours to 9-7 instead of the 11-7 mentioned in the article. This will be the 1st time the lights have been on in the last 5 years.

LOL, can't tell you how many times I have driven up to our ski house in Greenwood and the lights were on at Abram. Sometimes they stayed on thru the night?????

Quietman

My parents have a place on North Pond. We could see the lights on the mountain from the kitchen window.

canobie#1

I remember seeing the lights on at midnight when I stayed at one of the houses on the right side.

JAM614

Mt Abram and Black Mountain of Maine

I gotta say, I never in a million years thought I would like this place. But I stayed in a friends log house, slope side on mount abram a few years back. This place has to be the most underrated mountain in NE. It looks a lot smaller on the trail map but it really does have a lot of variety. Is anyone a regular here? Any news on additions in the future?

If you like Mt Abram, head a little bit further east on RT 2 and give Black Mountain of MAINE in Rumford a try this year. Similar vertical, laid back vibe and amount of terrain. What separates the two is that BMOM is Only $15 a day with hours of operation from 9-9 friday & saturday and 9-4 on Sunday. The absolute best deal of any ski area in New England. Some may say that Black tends to favor lower intermediates more so than Mount Abram but that may be subjective and Black's secrets are not apparent at first glance. Black does offer some challenging terrain when natural snowfall is a factor. The summit lift is super reliable even on the windiest of days and its a great choice for black out days at SR. I am a fan of Mt Abram and hope with the MRA guidance they can be sucessful. We need these feeder mountains to survive.

powdahbonz

MT A is great...great for kids, great for powder and wind days and carload fridays are worth it everytime.
Looks like Ski the East is doing a January promo there this season.