• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mountain Collective Latest Additions!

skiNEwhere

Telluride and Revelstoke added. I had a feeling Telluride was on MC's list since its big enough and is far away enough from other MC resorts.

Revelstoke has been on my wishlist for years, maybe this will push me over

Edd

It seems to me that you need to be sure you're going to 2 different destinations in a season for this to make sense. I've done that a couple of times but it's not the norm.

wa-loaf

If they could add another place in the East that would make it more desirable.

xwhaler

If they could add another place in the East that would make it more desirable.

This...I'm possibly going to Utah this season (and would use Alta/Bird) but the economics of skiing Stowe 2x + 2 days at Alta/Bird don't justify the $400 spend.
If I could get 2 days at Stowe + 2 days at another nice EC mtn + the 1 western trip it would be more appealing.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I saw that. Also saw that Whistler will remain in the MC for one more season. No Epic pass until next year. I had better get up there.

Honestly I do not know who else on the east coast would join the MC. Maybe Sugarbush since it is independent? Whiteface?

4aprice

I saw that. Also saw that Whistler will remain in the MC for one more season. No Epic pass until next year. I had better get up there.

Honestly I do not know who else on the east coast would join the MC. Maybe Sugarbush since it is independent? Whiteface?

Love some of the mountains on the MC but as long as I'm on the east coast I won't bite. Max Pass for us this year for 15-20 days in NE (5 areas) and 10 in Colo/Utah (that plus the pass at the home bump). Starting the look forward to an interesting season for sure.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

crystalmountainskier

It seems to me that you need to be sure you're going to 2 different destinations in a season for this to make sense. I've done that a couple of times but it's not the norm.

Myth. Skiing only Jackson Hole, Mountain Collective pays for itself in 5 days.

skiNEwhere

If you sign up during the early periods, you get a bonus 3rd day at any of those resorts. I think the super early pass is like $359. Those 2 factors are what makes it a deal for me.

Edd

If you sign up during the early periods, you get a bonus 3rd day at any of those resorts. I think the super early pass is like $359. Those 2 factors are what makes it a deal for me.

That's a bit better for sure.

chuckstah

And after the 2 days unlimited half price tix I believe.

crystalmountainskier

But you can only use it 2 days at each resort.

As mentioned earlier, you have to be able to go to two destination areas and live in another to make it worth it.

You are wrong. 2 free days + unlimited 50% off days. It pays for itself at Jackson Hole in 5 days. Aspen might even pay off in 4 days.

Jackson Hole
Initial cost: $409
Day 1 $130 savings
Day 2 $130 savings
Day 3 $65 savings
Day 4 $65 savings
Day 5 $65 savings
Total savings: $455

If you had bought early at $369 it would pay for itself in just 3 days!

Edd

I wasn't taking the 50% into account myself. Another eastern resort would certainly be nice, however.

abc

Once Stowe was included, it started to make sense. Especially if you want to ski it on big holiday weekend. The saving is easy to recoup.

The western trip would be icing on the cake.

This season becomes one of the better deal because Whistler is still on it, plus the new addition. I'm glad I bought it (with the bonus day set for Whistler).

That said, I doubt I'll make Telluride. Not enough vacation days. (for all the talk about each MCP mountain be "away from other MCP mountains", it only makes sense for us east coasters to hit multiple mountain in one trip. So hitting the combo of Revelstoke + Banff will be top priority for me after Whistler)

thetrailboss

Staff member
It would be cool if Boyne got in on the party ...

True, but the whole point of MC is to compete against Vail and, to a lesser extent, Boyne. The resorts are mainly independent companies that got together to be a part of the MC pass. The two I would add would be MRG and Sugarbush...ala Snowbird and Alta.

wa-loaf

True, but the whole point of MC is to compete against Vail and, to a lesser extent, Boyne. The resorts are mainly independent companies that got together to be a part of the MC pass. The two I would add would be MRG and Sugarbush...ala Snowbird and Alta.

If Saddleback ever gets back on it's feet, it would be a great addition.

Jully

What about the Peaks resorts? The Balsams (if it ever reopens) might work too. Would certainly help bring skiers to the resort to check it out.