• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

nepaug 4/30

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
where to begin...

this ride started with 2 people being late to the trailhead... then, it was decided we'd take it easy on dan the new guy and pack a beer for when we get to the top, and have a nice mellow cruise...

on the very first jump on Deli Slicer... Dan wrecks. he smashed his knee on a stump... dan is out. So, we drink the beer. Beer is the fixer of everything...

Dan decides he's going to go home after a little while and the rest of us decide that we'll pedal around a bit, lazy style... then we get passed by a group of shredders.... all of a sudden we're riding with dudes who rip... after the beer with dan... stupid... its at this point i commited to "joey" ride and just spectated. Really wishing i hadnt because it had potential to be really fun, instead, i geeked out... but i lived to tell about it...

the guys were doing laps on storm and i wanted to get a run in. hiking up, we hear the "drop!" so we scatter...i call my dog and she starts coming to me, and that's wehn shit hit the fan... ryan called my dog... so teh dog turns to him... as the dude who's riding is in the air... pretty much gearing up for a labrador bonk. narrow miss... totally freaked me out, and forget about the rider dude.. he was off his bike pacing back and forth.. shook up pretty good...

after apologizing, i pretty much kept the dog away from everyone for the remainder of the ride, and still commited to riding at a less than me level... boo.

we stayed on the trail another hour or so after, and i really just wanted to go home... the rippers tore up all the features and it was pretty cool to watch... but honestly, i didn;t want to be sidelined... even though it was probably a good idea

one of those rides that didn;t satisfy... i guess April isn;t too early for one of those.

Greg

Staff member
Sounds pretty wild.