• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Member Introductions Thread

bvibert

Staff member
Welcome to the forums Anne. Thanks for the detailed introduction. It sounds like you should fit in fine here!

Superbman

Hi Alpine Zone!

I've seen some of the fun videos you've posted over the years (mostly over on Epic) and as a fellow southern New england skier I thought it was high-time I joined this forum
I work on Patrol at Berkshire East ski area (best little mountain in the east IMHO) both as a weekday pro and weekend volunteer. I'm a relative new comer to the sport-I started skiing about 7.5 years ago (this is my 8th season) at the age of 30. I don't know how I'd rate my ability-that's a task for others, I do work hard at getting better, love the challenge of tough terrain, and I appreciate that people who are a heck of a lot better than me have taken a lot off tiime to help me get better and have indulged my learning with their patience--and basically love the whole outdoor winter zeitgeist.

I'm a much better mountain biker than skier (though I've only been at that for a few years more than skiing) and i head up a regional chapter of NEMBA-I've built some mean, extensive and LEGALL trail systems with a crew of other volunteers that I'm pretty damn proud of.

I'm always looking for more ski companions, often have weekday ski time--just letting it be know.

That's it-let's hope this season starts to really take off (it's getting a little late...)

Liam

Greg

Staff member
Welcome Liam! BEast is a great hill.

bvibert

Staff member
Welcome Liam. BEast is great I can't wait to get up there again! Be sure to contribute to our budding cycling forum when the ski season winds down too.

SirShredsaLot

Hey everybody!!

I just found out about this board so I thought I'd say hello. I've been skiing since my teens (30 now) and it's my absolute favorite thing to do. I grew up out west and I've skied a lot in Utah and Colorado. Moved to Connecticut in '01 and I did the All For One Pass for a few seasons... so sad to see that go!

Anyways, I'm always excited to meet new ski buddies and rip it up with people who like challenging terrain. Many of my friends who ski are there for the party or social aspect, which is cool and fun, but I'm there mostly for the turns. I don't mean to get too far ahead of myself because I'm certainly not the best skier on the mountain, but I'd love to see some of you on the hill or hear the inside scoop on some places I haven't checked out yet.

Peace...

Steve

bvibert

Staff member
Welcome to the forums Steve. Sounds like you mostly skied at ASC mountains the last few years, where have you been skiing now that ASC is no more?

SirShredsaLot

Thanks for the welcomes!

Yup, mostly at ASC mtns. I've still been going to Killington mostly, but I'd really like to check out some other places. Next weekend (23,24) I'll be hitting up Sugarloaf with some of my co-workers. I haven't been there yet, so really looking forward to it. Any tips?

Wednesdays at Sundown, huh? That could be fun. I live in New London tho, so it would be a bit of a hike for a weeknight, but if conditions are ripe and I could meet some new people, I'd be down for it!