• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Not-Ski-Season Blues!

JimG.

Staff member
I always feel a bit depressed when it's really finally over, but I've gotten much better. In the past I might mope around for a week or two before getting my summer act together. That does not happen anymore. This season has had a few real shining moments for me and I choose to focus on those memories instead.

Besides, before you know it you will be raking leaves and getting ski equipment out for the coming season.

ERJ-145CA

I suffered in season blues since January 4th when I broke my leg skiing. The great late season was almost torture. After a normal season though I do suffer from the blues for a little while.

Edd

I suffered in season blues since January 4th when I broke my leg skiing. The great late season was almost torture. After a normal season though I do suffer from the blues for a little while.

How's the leg doing?

bigbob

A friend of mine was hit by a snowboarder on Nov 11, 2012 and broke her ankle, which required surgery and a plate with 6 screws. She was back on the slopes a month ago and wants to get in at least 40 days, if not more this season. Plate and screws are coming out on May 17th. They do bother her a little when her boot is on. She is retired and is 66 yo! We skied today at Killington.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
For me ski season becomes mowing season(s).

tc6Mi.jpg

^Pretty much says it all.

Awesome.

dlague

I always feel a bit depressed when it's really finally over, but I've gotten much better. In the past I might mope around for a week or two before getting my summer act together. That does not happen anymore. This season has had a few real shining moments for me and I choose to focus on those memories instead.

Besides, before you know it you will be raking leaves and getting ski equipment out for the coming season.

I get that! However, last weekend we skipped skiing the whole weekend for the first time since December and I was lost! This weekend was not so bad we skied Killiington on Saturday and went Mountain biking on Sunday! I still looked at the bluebird skies and wondered!

snowmonster

Ski season doesn't really end until June. When June comes, the water is warm enough to have a long session in the surf. Then, October comes, the water turns colder and Sunday River blows snow. And the cycle repeats itself. It's the circle of life.