• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

One change

BeefyBoy50

If you could change one thing at one ski area, what would it be?
You can change anything you want, no matter how ridiculous- but it can only be one thing.
I guess keep your answers to east coast ski areas, I'm interested to see some of these answers!

dlague

Well you did not mention the result of a change so for me it is stop EB-5 Visas

steamboat1

Public parking at Spruce Peak at Stowe. Was told on another forum there won't be any even after construction is completed for the new Spruce village.

I also like to see a new South Ridge chair at K.

BenedictGomez

One change at one ski area = More discount lift ticket options at Stowe. Something....anything....even as a World Champion SOTC aficionado I only find a few (that I would consider a true deal) per season.

One change at ski areas in general = Less grooming / more natural trails.

BenedictGomez

This is like saying, the change I'd like to see for my mountain is it closing.

This makes no sense.

EDIT: Unless you honestly believe Mount Snow and Jay Peak, etc... would close due to bankruptcy without EB-5 money. In which case, your statement would make sense, you'd just be wrong.

skiNEwhere

If we're just doing one thing at any ski resort, it would be:
Loveland: HSQ replacing chair 2. I'd also accept a high speed poma to the top if cost is an issue

If I could change one thing per ski area:
Killington: Replacement For South Ridge Triple

Mad River Glenn: Sunnyside double converted to triple

Sunday River. White cap needs some HSQ's. Or at at a minimum, increase the line speed of the little white cap quad.

Breck: Interconnect to Copper

El Dora: New management!!! Seriously, the current manage is so incompetent that they are eventually going to make themselves bankrupt.

Arapahoe Basin: hurry up with "the beavers" expansion (currently waiting on EIS though, should expand in 3-5 years)

SkiRaceParent

Jay Peak = Yes.

Burke = Perhaps not "thriving", but operational = Yes.

I tend to disagree with you. Sure, they may be operating but EB-5 funding aside, both would be barely operable and not seeing the opportunities that may come their way through this means of funding. It's effectively an economic stimulus package for these more rural VT mountains. Sure, I also don't like all the political/economic strings attached and question whether these loans will be paid back, but plopping a 100+ bed hotel at mid-Burke can only help, not hurt, the sustainability of the mountain.